The Dragon Lord.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Tweaking ? That looks great to me
Thanks Ian. :smiling3:

I always like to leave it for an hour or two and then go back and look at it with fresh eye's.

I've also started work on the dragon.

D

Deleted member 4539

I've been doing some work on the dragon.Still a bit to go on the dragon yet.

DSCF2731.JPG

DSCF2732.JPG

DSCF2736.JPG

DSCF2738.JPG

F

Fenlander

I thought painting a face with oils was something that takes months of carefull preparation, weeks of intricate application, days of drying between coats, hours of stripping it back to resin, lots of minutes of swearing and then months of carefull preparation etc........ Or is that just me?

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
I thought painting a face with oils was something that takes months of carefull preparation, weeks of intricate application, days of drying between coats, hours of stripping it back to resin, lots of minutes of swearing and then months of carefull preparation etc........ Or is that just me?
Then there's Ralph! a differant breed altogether;)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Nope :mad: :sad: :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real loving this,his face looks great,real like the tones and shading on with the stubby as well,

and the life you have given to his eyes,you make it look so easy, ;)

the flying lizards looking good as well,like the per shading on him,with the nice fire eyes,

will look forward to next update, :D

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
real loving this,his face looks great,real like the tones and shading on with the stubby as well,
and the life you have given to his eyes,you make it look so easy, ;)

the flying lizards looking good as well,like the per shading on him,with the nice fire eyes,

will look forward to next update, :D
Thanks for the kind words Monica:smiling3:.

More to come tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
your work is amazing .
The colours you choose and the way you blend the shading is just mind blowing .
Thank you so much for the kind words Stu:smiling3:.

D

Deleted member 4539

Base colour of the clothes blocked in and silver added to the dragon.

DSCF2770.JPG

DSCF2772.JPG

DSCF2775.JPG

DSCF2779.JPG

F

Fenlander

Glad you ignored everyone and went with black and silver, it looks great. Really coming along but those bananas look soooo lifelike. love the way you have blended the yellow into green and back again ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Glad you ignored everyone and went with black and silver, it looks great. Really coming along but those bananas look soooo lifelike. love the way you have blended the yellow into green and back again ;)
I slightly changed tack with the, silver you'll see when I post pics.

Told you did I not,I'll paint anything and I nearly slipped up a couple of times:D:p

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
I slightly changed tack with the, silver you'll see when I post pics.
Told you did I not,I'll paint anything and I nearly slipped up a couple of times:D:p
I hope the wife don't sit still too long eh Ralph or you'll be giving her the odd brush and blend.

This is looking stunning as I knew it would, the red eye you painted in the dragon looks so nice and subtle. I really love what your doing to the dragon and the colours/ shading are really starting to pop out now.

I really do envy your skill sometimes.

Kindest regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
I hope the wife don't sit still too long eh Ralph or you'll be giving her the odd brush and blend.
This is looking stunning as I knew it would, the red eye you painted in the dragon looks so nice and subtle. I really love what your doing to the dragon and the colours/ shading are really starting to pop out now.

I really do envy your skill sometimes.

Kindest regards

Robert
Thanks for the kind words as always Robert. :smiling3:

Paula is always too busy doing her own thing to sit still long enough:rolleyes:

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Thanks for the kind words as always Robert. :smiling3:
Paula is always too busy doing her own thing to sit still long enough:rolleyes:
( I wish Alison would just let me be when I'm in my room ( she says go up and model for an hour or two...... 15 mins later you want tea/ or she's in buzzing around..... Still I have to say ( for better or for worse:rolleyes::eek: :D :eek::eek:

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi.I got carried away with painting.

I've worked on the clothes and the dragon I decided to add washes of purple to the silver.

Clothes and dragon still need work on them.

DSCF2781.JPG

DSCF2785.JPG

DSCF2786.JPG

DSCF2789.JPG