The evening star

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Don't you just love these Dapol kits. Allthough they do look good when completed they are in need of some serious work to get there.but I'm sure you will beat it into submission peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I had a similar kit many years ago and it was terrible in production quality, the detail was good just the plastic was...well, like reject quality, waxy and swirled and just crap. The chassis does look a sod but as Ian points out, you will sort it Peter.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Thanks Peter!

Never seen these kind of kits on my model shop :eek:

Polux

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Thanks Peter!Never seen these kind of kits on my model shop :eek:

Polux
I think you can only get them the uk other that try ebay they should come under dapol kits.

Peter t

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I had a similar kit many years ago and it was terrible in production quality, the detail was good just the plastic was...well, like reject quality, waxy and swirled and just crap. The chassis does look a sod but as Ian points out, you will sort it Peter.Si:smiling3:
The thing to remember with kits like these Si is that they are not banged out in a high pressure factory machine, but more often than not in a hand made tool with the plastic being pumped in will little more than a cycle pump.

Short runs and "Garage" kits are nearly always this way.

Ian M

First Name
Noel
If you get into some of the model railway accessories shops sites I know that Photo Etched Nameplates Etc are available for this engine.
I had one of these kits some time ago with the intention of detailing it up. Got the Kit, Photo Etch, Metal Buffers, White Metal Couplings, Driver and Fireman Figures and the correct BR paint and was looking for a better decal set.
It was one of those projects that never seemed to get done so I sold it all on!