"The Hole in the Doughnut"...Bastogne. December 1944

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice start to this Ron,very nice work with,the river bank,what a great idea with the field
I would ever of had that pop in my head,looking good,liking it so far,;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's what I like - a bit of 'crack'.

Thanks for the encouragement and compliments too.

.......remember though, although I like to stick junk together, I still get some junk. My bin is testament to that! So you peeps, keep at it. It saves re-cycling anyway.

Cheers,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I don't usually like running tandem with my builds, preferring to concentrate on just one, but I'm quietly doing bits to this as ideas come along.......lest I quickly forget what I thought of in the first place!

Here is my latest 'awakening.'

A simple foot bridge made from coffee stirrers, and a wall made from scrap polystyrene strips.
P1160685.JPG

.......a bit of barbed wire( elecky cable) a smashed fence, plus some rubble made from smashed up stones.
P1160687.JPG

I like to leave the water until last, just in case I get something I don't want on the surface and mess it up.

Thanks for looking.

Ron

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,Ron,I do like the add in,think that's what makes a build,that,add that,fills in
a small area that could look bear,liking the look of this,;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Excellent! Contours very natural, and 1/35 scale! the finished level of detail should be awesome to behold!....er....no pressure though:rolleyes:........Jim:smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Moni. and Jim.

Jim, when getting to a certain stage in life, we don't know the meaning of pressure, do we?........;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This is looking superb mate , as always. Looking forward to the next addition, cheers tony

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Impressive work!!:cool::cool:

D

Deleted member 3568

As alway incredible work, im not jealous, nope not a bit, why would i be jealous, i mean you only make rubbish look amazing, me jealous, nope not me.
No really i mean it, im not.

First Name
colin
There there ken its okay I make amazing look rubbish all the time

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great stuff folks. Thanks for the excellent comments. The last couple of posts did make me chuckle!

I know various 'Add - on' armour was used on Allied tanks in Europe, including applique, so this will do. As for the Sherman itself, I'm not worried if it's the wrong variant for the period and I'm certainly not investing any beer tokens just to get the right tank......so what you see is what you get, M'Lord.

Any road up, I have cunning plans for it, also I just build for fun anyway.

Right, here's the hardware. Ready made, salvaged and tarted up from my 'Iwo Jima' dio.

Italeri Sherman. Brush painted and weathered with acrylics. Scratch made sandbags and coffee stirrer applique armour. The mud will hide the busted track link. Antenna to follow!

P1160715.JPG

I hope you approve.

Cheers all,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Funny how you can see a photo on t'interweb one day and next you go do a model with much the same. I saw a Sherman with wood planks used as anti-magnetic mine defences.... And here it is. Lol
Great job Ron.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice looking sherman Ron,like what your done with it,looks great,;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very belated thanks folks...Because this morning I found my half finished model for Terry's G.B on a shelf - I'd forgotten all about it! Honest...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I need to clear the decks, so I got hold of some paper, 'trees' and some polyfilla and gave the model 'what for!'

The result is in Terry's Diorama G.B. 2017, under 'Completed'

Thanks for the comments during the build.

Cheers,
Ron