The M972 Flatbed Truck/w Excavator

First Name
Charles
This is a build I have been working on for some time now. It's a heavy modification of the M915 kit from Trumpeter. As always, I decided to spice things up a bit. I wanted to do something different. So, I kit-bashed the trailer and tractor to bring forth this combo unit. The name came about by using the first number of the M915 and the 2 last digits of the M872 trailer. Hence, M972, which is a combination of both.
The Hitachi excavator is from Hasegawa which I built as a burnt out model. The idea came from the pic I found while searching the web. Lots of pics. Hope you like the results.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That's impressive, and a bit unusual!

Pete

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Absolutely FANTASTIC Charles! As per your norm:cool:
The burnt out cab effect is spot on. Chains, rust, grease...it has it all.
Weathering throughout is positively sublime;)

Heavy trucks and equipment is a much neglected subject matter, great job in bringing it to the fore.
What else can I say....Excellent work!

Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
PS....for novices in the heavy equipment world, hydraulic lines often burst without notice and with hot hydraulic fluid coming in contact with hot exhaust pipes fires do often occur.

P

Polux

Nice build!!!

Ohhh....as always, I’m wondering where you obtain those wooden bases. They look massive!!!

First Name
Charles
Nice build!!!

Ohhh....as always, I’m wondering where you obtain those wooden bases. They look massive!!!

Thanks. Got them from the lumber yard. The frame was made for the length of the base. But it is just a temporary base as I got another plan for it.