\ said:
Very nicely done, just started this one myself hope I can do it justice
Peter
Thanks for the kind words Peter. :smiling3:

I'm sure you will do yours justice.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
That just fantastic Ralph I really like the different tones you've got on the horse making it look so real
Thank you as always for the kind words Ian:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

This is great but that horse is just stunning. 54mm, mmmm not that much bigger than 1/35.... well, yes it is but techniques must be similar ;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
This looks amazing Ralph. You have not only painted a fantastic subject you have instilled pure movement to the colou ratio of the art ( if that makes sense ) I have studied this piece and the lancer is just brilliant but the horse,the horse is just unbelievable. You really do have an eye for the realism and the life within paints.

Kind regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
This is great but that horse is just stunning. 54mm, mmmm not that much bigger than 1/35.... well, yes it is but techniques must be similar ;)
Thanks for the kind words Graham:smiling3:.

No not much bigger than 1/35.and I guess the techniques are quite similar.

I don't do too much in this scale,but I do love mounted figures in this scale.I just love painting horses.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just fantastic Ralph I really like the different tones you've got on the horse,down to the hoof color as well,

and how your give it movement as well,a great job on the rider as well,and to pickup the different tones

with the leather on a bay is not an easy thing to do,

great work very well done, ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
This looks amazing Ralph. You have not only painted a fantastic subject you have instilled pure movement to the colou ratio of the art ( if that makes sense ) I have studied this piece and the lancer is just brilliant but the horse,the horse is just unbelievable. You really do have an eye for the realism and the life within paints.
Kind regards

Robert
Thanks for the kind comments Robert:smiling3:.

"you have instilled pure movement to the colou ratio of the art"...you've stumped me there Robert:confused:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
just fantastic Ralph I really like the different tones you've got on the horse,down to the hoof color as well,
and how your give it movement as well,a great job on the rider as well,and to pickup the different tones

with the leather on a bay is not an easy thing to do,

great work very well done, ;)
Thanks for the nice comments Monica:smiling3:.

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Hi Friends.
I thought I would show another figure.

This is from Tommy's War..54mm.

Painted in my usual way.

All the best.

Ralph.

View attachment 149811 View attachment 149812 View attachment 149813 View attachment 149814
Ralph you are just at another level .

The way you paint and the colours and products you have used has sprung this kit into action.

Both horse and rider look amazing and somehow you have created depth in the horses muscles that give power and speed to final result if that makes sense.

Another masterpiece

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Ralph you are just at another level .
The way you paint and the colours and products you have used has sprung this kit into action.

Both horse and rider look amazing and somehow you have created depth in the horses muscles that give power and speed to final result if that makes sense.

Another masterpiece
Thanks for the lovely comments Stu. :smiling3: .

yes I think I know what you mean.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Kind regards

Robert
I think I know what you mean now Robert,(having thought about it) :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Superb Ralph, as others have said, your skills have brought this to life in all it's action and drama.
Thanks for the kind comments as always Joe:smiling3:.