Truck Axle Service Vignette

First Name
Charles
This is another small and quick vignette I made in-between my current major truck build. Yes, I have been doing quite a lot of them lately. I wanted something to take with me to the GGG exhibition in Sweden, in two weeks time. So I came up with this after seeing a pic on the net. I used parts, which I modified to be able to get the open rear axle effect I wanted. I have lots of 1/24 parts left over from older builds, which I’ve discarded over the years. Hope you all like it.

First Name
Steve
As a retired HGV mechanic and truck builder myself i think this is amazing i had to look a few times because it's like a real diff, fantastic work Charles i love it.

All the best Steve.

First Name
Charles
That's the best compliment a modeler can get. I do appreciate it Steve. Thank you kindly.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Another gem, Charles. Your imagination is only surpassed by your modelling talent.

Love the well worn tyre tread.

Top work as ever.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You taking that to the show Charles? If so, it will need some SERIOUS competition to stop it winning!

First Name
Charles
You taking that to the show Charles? If so, it will need some SERIOUS competition to stop it winning!

Thanks Gern. It will probably be a tough comp, but we shall see.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Charles
A very unusual vignette which you have done superbly.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work. So good that I thought I was looking at the pictures that gave you the inspiration to start with...
Tim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Charles,
I have to agree with all the comments so far, this is an exceptional vignette! Very realistic and a pleasure to view:thumb2:

Si

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Charles,

If this isn't a show stopper (and winner), then I don't know what could be. Everything does look so real and the dripping 90w out of the diff is great. The fifth wheel is fantastic as the grease smeared on it, again, looks so real. May I ask how you achieved the rust effects on the plate that the fifth wheel is sitting on? Or is it a real rusted piece of metal…….Totally outrageous stuff here!!!

Prost
Allen

First Name
Charles
Wow Charles,

If this isn't a show stopper (and winner), then I don't know what could be. Everything does look so real and the dripping 90w out of the diff is great. The fifth wheel is fantastic as the grease smeared on it, again, looks so real. May I ask how you achieved the rust effects on the plate that the fifth wheel is sitting on? Or is it a real rusted piece of metal…….Totally outrageous stuff here!!!

Prost
Allen

Thanks a lot for your observation. :smiling3: Here is a short pdf tutorial, I wrote, on how I did the rusty metal plate under the fifth wheel. I made it out of cardboard:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shbxtnw6bnwis9y/Cardboard_Steel_tutorial.pdf?dl=0

Last edited: