Trumpeter 1/35 Kriegslocomotive BR52

K

kellysands

Yikes that's a large model! It looked familiar, so a quick trawl through A) my memory and B) some holiday photos and I found what I was looking for.

This picture was taken at Bressingham Gardens in Norfolk. They've quite a collection of trains with plenty being worked on. Oh, and some flowers too, yawn....

View attachment 29265

peer-gynt.jpg

N

noble

Kriegslocomotive progress so far

Hi all here is my progress so far, the main colour is humbrol sea grey, i then mixed 70% matt white with 30% Tamiya neutral grey and the panels were highlighted, the framework and wheels have been painted in Tamiya XF69 and dry brushed with gun metal and aluminium. Lots more to do hope you like it so far, all comments welcome be they good or bad.

scott:badminton:

View attachment 29465

View attachment 29466

View attachment 29467

View attachment 29468

View attachment 29469

View attachment 29470

loco progress 1.jpg

loco progress 3.jpg

loco progress 6.jpg

loco progress 2.jpg

loco progress 5.jpg

loco progress 4.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Scott that is looking awesome! Nice to see something different being built, I had no idea these were even available as kits

N

noble

Thanks very much for the comments guys but i have a long way to go with it, next comes the camouflage more brrush painting and weathering... then i have the road bed and track to paint. thanks again hope you will keep watching.

scott

S

Sky Raider

Well Scott if it looks as good as it does at this stage i cant wait to see more. keep them coming, Please!!!

Andy

B

Bunkerbarge

Looking very good so far. I particularly like the running gear and I'm looking forward to seeing how the grey goes. I'm sure a wash and some weathering is going to make this into an amazing model of a very different and interesting subject.

Brings back fond memories of the Airfix loco's such as the Evening Star, nothing like the detail of this though!

J

Jor-el

Beautiful build. Do you have any pics of the frame and driver assy. before adding the boiler? There are some hidden areas of same that would be helpful to my and others builds. Can't wait for the finish work.:clappinghat:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Do you know, I have never even considered building a loco before, having seen this I could be really tempted. I don't know about the whole train with the rail transported mortars though.

Tempting!

The wheels and under framing are looking really great. Look forwards to seeing it finished.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Sometimes i hate this forum..... Only a few months ago I was stating that 1:48 was my scale of choice and I intended getting all the Tamiya range, then someone came along with the Hobbyboss 1:48 so I swerved a bit and got some of those since which, I have bought nothing but 1:35 'cos people keep tempting me..... Now I fancy a train........... it just isn't fair...... :sadcry:

B

Bunkerbarge

That's modelling Graham! .......and just when you think you have all of a particular series in a particular scale the manufacturer brings out another half a dozen more models!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
scott mate , this is looking superb,excellent paintwork! Looking forward to seeing it progress further , trouble is i think, like graham, im starting to want a train now!!!! keep it up matey , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Scott, having done both the Revell Big Boy and Mogul class locos in a lot smaller scale, I know the effort that goes into the running gear ect, so the work that you are putting into this I can only imagine.

A cracking build.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking better every time I look in on this. A tiger striped loco. That's some thing you don't see every day.

I actually found my self looking for one of these beasts on the wierdwonderfulweb last night!!!

Ian M

S

Sulzer

Nice model! The paintwork on it is fantastic! Do Trumpeter do any british loco kits?

N

noble

\ said:
Nice model! The paintwork on it is fantastic! Do Trumpeter do any british loco kits?
Hi there and thanks for viewing, no i don't think so at least the only ones i,ve seen are german locos, thanks again for the great comments.

scott

B

Bunkerbarge

That paint job looks superb and it makes for a fantastic model. As for British I don't think the old Airfix Evening Star and Prairie Tank Locos come up to this standard I'm afraid. Still good kits in thier day though and could possibly be made into a pleasing model with a bit of work.