Trumpeter .Ch tz s65 Tractor Diorama

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi.
Straight in with this model from Trumpter model No 05538 along with an engine set in resin from LZ Models, and to give it a little more interest a cab.
There may be some deep water !
The cab came from the Gaz truck that was used in the Stalingrad Dio.
IMG_2921.JPG
Tomorrow I shall search out some interesting factoids to enlighten you all . As I am now the proud owner of the Tyagatishi book from Jochen Vollert
from Tankograd Publishing.
Seating is available , please esquire at Ticket masters co Steve Jones. normal address.
Ward 3
Looking fwd to see you.

John.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
good luck! I seem to remember the tracks are a bit of pain - I made it OOB, but the engine set should really lift it!
Dave

Reactions: JR
First Name
Steve
Looking forward to this build, please keep us updated.

Steve.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What are you two doing in ward three? That’s the maternity ward!
Tim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Dave, ...... I've book marked Pearth Military Model site as he gives some good tips on the construction.
As you know tracks are no my favorite thing in plastic, so I may call on you please.
Steve ......Yes will do, hope you will throw any information in .
Tim ...... No me in ward three, mate I'm in 9 with Allen Dewire. .
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I'm in. Looks very interesting although I can't at this stage figure out what you will set fire to!!
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ward 9? That's the one with rubber floors and walls, and everyone wears those natty jackets with straps on the sleeves...............................
Dave

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi John, chair pulled up too and looking forward to see what you can do with this one.
Any chance it'll be towing something?

Fernando

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Dude 2,

I had to go and look in the stash over this one. Gee, Just so happens...
IMG_1369.JPG
I got the same thing and it's still there! No worries Buddy, I'm so butt deep in Rocket Science for me to even think about starting mine. You go and I'll follow you on this. Then I'll nick all your ideas for mine when I build it……...

Dave, You are so right, but the jackets do get a bit warm during the day!

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Straight into the blocks again John. Looks like an interesting project with a few challenges. And you're trusting Cpl Jones with the ticket arrangements?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
John,
Looks like a interesting kit....certainly something I’ve not seen built before.

I took the liberty of tipping of the fire brigade in advance :tongue-out3:
Si

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I’m in l’ll bring pizza and beer/wine for who wants...

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Oo, goodie, another Russian :thumb2:

I have the smaller 1/72 version which is missing a lot of detail - hopefully this one is better for being somewhat larger

There is a good set of photos here LINK

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening, or afternoon , in Simon's case Good night:upside:
Dave.....Thank you I will need it.
Steve..... Hope you enjoy the banter.
Tim......... Keep you eye on Jones please.
Paul ........ I may well call on you for tips on mud !!
Ian............ Welcome, sit tight , because elements of Rowdy bunch are in.:smiling4: they will have a ** next to them
Jim......... Hi mate , thanks for coming. NO FIRE , that's a promise.
Fernando .... Hi mate, yes , pulling out, more likely, and not a towed gun. !
Allen.......If I take my time you may well start yours before me, hopefully :nerd:
Peter...... I don;t really know why he was entrusted with such an important job. If I can get the cab to fit I shall be happy. Say nothing of the tracks !
Si..............** Hi mate, stand them down, you might like to tip off Alun and his crew though. :anguished:
Greg...... Thank you, you can run the bar if you want with Allen.
Simon ...... Thanks for the link, very good photos .

Right as the first row is full a short history lesson. This will show why the Tractor was some important to the Russians and the Germans .

After the 1917 Revolution , the country began to take a new direction lead as we know by Lenin and Stalin.
The economy had been based on agriculture and the "Party " leaders wanted one to include heavy industry and mass production. The mass production also included food, and the State farms need machinery to help the increased output. Now the Russians had always faced unfavorable conditions for farming, unlike the West. Large areas of Russia were tracts of deep mud in Spring and Autumn along with the boggy ground in areas of Siberia. With this in mind they turned to the Tyagatshi or tractor.

The Russian Imperial army had in fact used tractors as far back as 1877 when British Aveling- Porter were used to tow artillery in the Russian Turkish conflicts, by the end of the First WW they had over 1500 imported tractors. One of the most used was the Holt, later to become the world famous Caterpillar. The Americans had to help the Russians ! they supplied the engineers and the plant needed to produce the tractors. By the turn of 1932 production was underway in a large way.

If your still awake at this point I shall bore you some more .:smiling3::smiling3:

When the Germans attacked Russia with operation Barbarossa in 1941 the Blitzkrieg caught the Russian out, trapped by the pincer movements large numbers of the Tygatshi fell into German hands. Over 65 % of all the chTZS -65 tractors were lost, either blown apart or deserted by the crews. Travelling at a sedately 6.95 Kms per hr they had been over run, many towing giant artillery pieces.
Due to this all the remaining agricultural tractors were pressed in to service with army, in fact the Russian lost over 50 % of all their tractors at the beginning of the war ! Resulting in all tractor factories turning to built tanks.

Meanwhile the Germans pressed on using the captured equipment to help move in the mud and along the unmade roads. There are more photos of the ch 65 by the Germans than by the Russians.

images
images

I shall post some more as we proceed with the build.

A few more exciting stats for those not yet asleep

Engine 18 .5 ltr 4 cy Diesel out put 65 hp
Top speed ....... 6 .95 Km per hr
range 75 km
weight 11 .2 ton
length 4 .086 mtrs
width 2.416 mtrs
and a high of 2.152 to the top of the rad.
One last thing it had a 4 cly 4 stroke 20 hp engine to start it. !
Right leaving you to digest I'm off for my tea.
QUESTIONS MAY BE ASKED AT ANY POINT DURING THE BUILD ! by me about this engine not the assembled throng.
Thanks for looking in expecting to see some plastic :tongue-out3:, I promise as a start has been made, and some photos will appear in due course. Mr Dewire will be round with the ices shortly .
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I love this way of doing models.... learning from the hobby

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Blimey! can you be any quicker off the mark?? Sadly all the seats are taken so I have a step ladder and notebook and I will sit quietly at the back (Yeah no chance mate:smiling5:)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening
Greg...... Thanks, I have to thank Steve for giving the idea, as you know he always starts with a interesting intro.
Steve. **..... Talk of the ,:tongue-out3: hi mate , yes straight in , I can see where I want this to go diorama wise and at my age I can't afford to hang about:smiling::smiling2: . You will sit what !!!!!!! :surprised:
Fernando....... Hope it wasn't too long, just wanted to explain how important this vehicle was to both sides during this conflict.

I made a start as I said , only gluing the small rollers together , to night I continued and built up the first assy with the idlers now complete and glued in to the outer and inner plates . At one point there were 10 very small approximately 2 mm wide half round sections of plastic to glue in sets of 5 to 2 bars. 2 of the lugs shot into the air, only to reappear on the bench after I had spent 10 minutes on my hands and knees fighting with the plastic mat monster. Closely related to the carpet monster. I swear they were not on the bench before I started to crawl around .

Will post some photos tomorrow afternoon after I return from gardening .
thanks for looking in .

John .