Trumpeter's big u-boot

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So Trumpeter are bringing out  VIII C in 1/48!

1.3 meter long, internal bits and 42 crew....who is going to be the test builder for that one? Lol

J

John Huggins

Sounds a sweet build for someone, sounds a bit pricey,

John

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
been having a look at this online and it does look like an amazing kit. Not sure my wallet and skills will stretch to this one

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Even if I was a U-Boat fanatic I could not afford £400 for this model. There can't be many who can. It falls into the same category as some of the proposed 1/32 scale monster bomber kits, nice but not for me. Now, if I won the lottery.......:smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I love U.Boats, so I too have had a look.....

All the hull on the Starboard side is 'See through'....but by the look of it, they swapped to the port side and made the conning tower the same. Why? 

Surely it would have been better to have all one side transparent.

At £400 the price is completely bonkers. 

Also, what's with this thing about kits getting bigger and bigger - and pricing the likes of me out of contention (not that I have the slightest interest in getting one of these mega big bits of plastic, even if I did come up on 'Ernie'!)

No I'll keep my wonga and have a holiday......

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You clearly don't suffer with 'big box' syndrome Ron, but as a terminal sufferer, that's too much even for me!

Not that I'd buy anything of Trumpeter's anyway 'cos of their no replacement parts policy.