Two 1/12 Busts by Mookies Miniatures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_2144.JPG100_2168.JPG

Afternoon all.

I'd like to show some new busts I've painted by Mookies Miniatures, a member of SAS, Gulf War (Bravo Two Zero) and a Para from the Falklands Conflict. Both are in the smaller size of 1/12 and from Richard's 'Lottie's Little Imps' range.

Peter.

A

Armorguy

Beautiful busts, I didn't expect something else from your hand Peter.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Box art quality finishing Peter.

And camo too, your nemesis, has been beaten into submission again.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks chaps. Hopefully a camo-free period coming up!

F

Fenlander

I do like both of these but ‘Bravo Two Zero’? A fairy tale written by a man who blamed others, and named others, while insisting on his own anonymity for dramatic book selling effect. The true account is out there and well documented. His version is a figment of his imagination.

Sorry but I cannot stand someone who would blame a man who died on that patrol and who the Army later cleared when the true events were told.

The busts look very good though and superbly painted again Peter:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Fair enough Graham. Never read the books, so I wouldn't know I'm afraid.

E

Evan James

Peter these have turned out very nice indeed, It's a very fine tribute to these fighting men.
Yes most of Steven Mitchell's account's were proved to be false but not all the men of Bravo Two Zero can be held accountable for this. There were also other SAS patrols in Iraq at the time, dressed in the same kit deserving credit for their actions. The Para's attack on Goose Green was truly gallant.
Fantastic work mate, love it. Enjoy your camo free period coming up :tongue-out2:
ev

Last edited by a moderator: