U.S 21/2 ton cargo truck

H

Hunty22

A bit scary, I nearly bought that very model last week. Decided to hold fire for the time being. Want to get a bit more experience first.

Steve

N

noble

Never fear Hunty fear is a mind killer, what did you decide to go with?

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ah so you went for the 6X6. I shall watch with interest!

Ian M

H

Hunty22

I got the 1/35 Kubelwagen type 82 from Tamiya. I finished a Hanomag last week, not great, lots of mistakes, but so far so good with this one. Just not up to a standard like your stuff yet, but I will persevere! I'm really enjoying this modelling lark....cant believe I left it all these years! lol

Steve

N

noble

\ said:
I got the 1/35 Kubelwagen type 82 from Tamiya. I finished a Hanomag last week, not great, lots of mistakes, but so far so good with this one. Just not up to a standard like your stuff yet, but I will persevere! I'm really enjoying this modelling lark....cant believe I left it all these years! lolSteve
Have to admit steve when i started a couple of years back one of the first kits i got was the Hanomag but due to moving a lot it has been slightly damaged so i may wreck it and put it in a dio, as for the kubelwagen it builds well with no filling needed you should have no problems with it..... besides mate it's about having fun and you'd be surprised at how quickly you learn new techniques hell i'm still learning and having fun doing it.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
Ah so you went for the 6X6. I shall watch with interest!Ian M
Watch this space Ian i may still do the 15cwt as well..... will need a dio idea though.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yanks and Brits swapping "not quite legal" provisions on some secluded track..........

Ian M

N

noble

\ said:
Yanks and Brits swapping "not quite legal" provisions on some secluded track..........Ian M
I was possibly lookin at adding in a Bailey bridge somewhere maybe....... just a thought though.

scott

H

Hunty22

Nice one! I'm gonna get this kit at the weekend after seeing it on the go! Excellent.

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coming along nicely Scott.

That Bridge looks like it could be a pain in the rear to get glued up! The figures from Preiser, are they soft pvc or hard plastic?

Ian M

N

noble

\ said:
Coming along nicely Scott.That Bridge looks like it could be a pain in the rear to get glued up! The figures from Preiser, are they soft pvc or hard plastic?

Ian M
Hi Ian they are hard plastic but the detail on them are very good.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking model so far Scott, and loads of bits yet to do!

This is going to be one great project and I'm sure it will be superb when finished...

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Scott, I have an avid aversion to those vinyl figures. A paint to clean up and almost as bad to paint!

Ron, are you not going to join in the fun this time?

Ian M

B

beav1013

looking good. can't wait to see it with all the figures and the rest.