U.S Check Point troop colours?

First Name
Adrian
I don't usually do figures but find myself having to do a few for a current build but struggling with the paint colours, the box calls out for colours that don't match the art work.

So can anyone advise me from the box art, normally I use Tamiya colours but if need be I'll go with Vallejo :smiling3:

The instructions call out for Vallejo 883, 907, 976, 862, 863 but these don't match the bottles in my LHS?

US Troops.jpg

Thanks

Adrian

F

Fenlander

Vallejo have some strange code system Model Color 70.907 Is Pale Blue grey

70.976 is Buff etc. Easy way to check is do a Google search of the colour number but remember to add 70. for model color and Panzer Aces, model air is 71. I think, when looking at the bottles.

Last edited:
First Name
Adrian
Strange as the guy in the shop got his book out to check them and they weren't those colours lol

Oh well, now I can grab them online I guess

F

Fenlander

Try this one Adrian. Annoying thing is that are in colour grouping so finding the numbers which are not in order ia a pain. 976 buff is 120 on the chart, 907 pale blue grey is 153 etc

http://www.simple2trade.searchwinner.co.uk/vallejo/modelcolor_chart.pdf

First Name
Adrian
Tried putting 70 infront and 883 comes up as silver grey when the instructions are calling out for a colour close to a duck egg or interior green looking colour007.JPG

Adrian