Uncertain T

P

PWick

This came resin cast from Glenn Polkington in Australia.....
photo1-th.jpg

And this is the finished item, all I needed to find was clear plastic for the front and rear windows. I also added alloy intakes on top of the engine.............
photo2-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

Being a resin kit the wheels had to be painted as in the original Monogram plastic kit they were chromed.

photo-th.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Outrageously cool!!:cool:

zuludog

SMF Supporter
There was a comment that Henry Ford would never have made the Model T if he'd known how many girls would lose their virginity in it. But perhaps not this one.

P

PWick

Thanks guys. No zuludog, no room in this one for any monkey business!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats totally nuts patrick ! But i like it! Kudos for taking on a full resin car kit too, cheers tony

P

PWick

Thanks Tony, yes I done a few other full resins. Patience is the key to let it all fall into place, and I like nuts!

T

Tony

I really do like this.

Paint finish looks really good and you have made a lovely job of the assemble as being resin that is never easy.

P

PWick

Thanks Tony & Ralph, yes resin kits by the way they are cast, with parts thicker or thinner than they should be need a great deal of thought and care to assemble. I also like to brighten things up with my rattle can spray painting!

J

Jens Andrée

I love your build Patrick!!! It's as bonkers - if not more - than some of my weird German fantasy tanks... :D

Am I correct in thinking that this is a resin cast of an old no longer available kit? I seem to remember seeing this kit when I was a young boy in a hobby catalogue that I was reading every night dreaming of the day when I could afford to order all the things I wanted...

My youngest son saw a Manga resin kit he wanted that's been a pain in the a.. to glue due to very frail parts and a terrible quality of the cast pieces...
Every time I try to make some progress with it so he can eventually paint it one day it stinks of epoxy and my fingers are stuck together with CA glue!
You've obviously mastered gluing resin!

P

PWick

I love your build Patrick!!! It's as bonkers - if not more - than some of my weird German fantasy tanks... :D

Am I correct in thinking that this is a resin cast of an old no longer available kit? I seem to remember seeing this kit when I was a young boy in a hobby catalogue that I was reading every night dreaming of the day when I could afford to order all the things I wanted...

My youngest son saw a Manga resin kit he wanted that's been a pain in the a.. to glue due to very frail parts and a terrible quality of the cast pieces...
Every time I try to make some progress with it so he can eventually paint it one day it stinks of epoxy and my fingers are stuck together with CA glue!
You've obviously mastered gluing resin!
Thanks Jens, for your comments. Yes it's a copy of an original Monogram kit (shown above) of I understand the 1970's! Yes Resin is difficult to joining satisfactorily . We have here in the UK a smelly. sometimes stringy tube glue called Bostick, that I use on my various resins from 1/43rd upwards. The instructions tell you to coat each surface and wait ten minutes and then it works like compact adhesive, BUT........... you only get one chance to get the parts in the right place AND ..........you can't put too much on in case it squeezes out of the joint when you do stick it together. Another BUT is.......if you put too little on it soaks into the resin and dries in no time!
I also try to use, superglue and the other called 'Zap-A-Gap' which as you have mentioned is CA based! So it's continually suck it and see!
But the upside is with this one is quality casting although as I think I've mentioned earlier, with most resin kits the casting can be both a bit large to fit and a bit thick in places, but to me that's the joy of carefully shaving a bit off here and a bit off there and hey presto it gradually comes together!
And again as you say 'Bonkers' and I love Bonkers!

P

PWick

UPDATE! using my new Molotow Chrome Pen I've gone over the rims,exhausts,radiator, rocker boxes and windscreen surround.....
photo-th.jpg