Unknown tracks

First Name
Jimbob
Can any of you modelling guru's identify these tracks I can't remember what they are from and I'm looking for tracks for a maul tier. Would be good if I can put them to use. JimIMG_0257.JPG

J

Jens Andrée

They do look the part if you ask me.

Sd.Kfz. 3 Maultier uses the same tracks as
  • Flakpanzer I
  • Panzerjager I
  • Pz.Kpfw.I
  • s.IG.33 auf Pz.Kpfw.I
  • sIG 33 (Sf)
If you've built any of these and got those sprues there then you've got a winner, but many of the early links looked like that although they could be different in size etc.

First Name
Jimbob
No haven't built any of those no idea where I've got them from but they'll be of use for something, thanks for the info Jens.

J

Jens Andrée

They also look similar to Panzer III (StuG III) links because it's hard to estimate the size of the links by just looking at your photo.
Actually the more I look at your picture I'm more inclined to say Panzer III rather than Panzer I.

948719-17732-69-pristine.jpg

You could assemble a handful of them on a piece of masking tape and check to see if it fits the cogs on the drive sprocket to the Maultier? That's probably the easiest way to find out if they work or not.

I've got a whole box full of sprues with just track links and I wish I'd marked them with the kit they came from instead of just putting them all in the same box...
Luckily I mostly just do German tanks and there aren't too many track types apart from a few, but they are really obvious.

First Name
Jimbob
Yes I've made the same mistake not marking spares and now I'm left with loads of unknown spares. Iostly build german soft skins and the odd tank. Jim