Update

B

Bunkerbarge

I just thought it might be interesting to add my latest edition to the bike stable so I've edited the original thread with another picture:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/my-bikes-shared.29444/page-2#post-246631

An interesting story to go with it. The bike was supposed to be a runner however I get the impression when I started to look it over that it was restored some time ago. I had a lot of issues with fuel leaks, incorrect carb fitted, oil migrating to the sump etc. however after quite a bit of work, getting it running and getting it registered I took it out for a run. Luckily I decided to head back home after only a couple of miles as it stopped about 100 yds from home. No compression at all worried me so it went back into the garage for some investigations. Everything seemed OK so the only course of action was to start to take it apart for a good look. I discovered the exhaust valve was operating but was partly siezed so it wasn't closing properly. It could have been a lot worse. Anyway the head is now undergoing a complete overhaul so hopefully next time it might get a little bit further.

Meanwhile the three miles I did on it clearly demonstrated that anyone in the 1930s who decided to ride a bike for regular transport must have really been an adventurous breed!