V2 - Vengeance From Above

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Allen every update is super cool to see and the scratchery is fantastic... can't wait to see new updates and the weathering of all.... MORE ....MOOORE :smiling: :smiling:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It's amazing what a little paint can do!
Rick H.:smiling3:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening mate,

Thought you’d been quiet...looks like your keeping at it.
Nothing like squirting some paint around to get the process rolling...it’s easy to get bogged down with a build of such magnitude, without an end it sight.

I don’t envy reaming out them tires...bet that was tedious :dizzy:!!
Some nice progress...keep it coming:thumb2:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great progress Allen, paintwork of the chassis looks very nice and ready for weathering.:thumb2:
Have fun painting all the details, will keep you calm between the wheel spoke fretting...:rolling:

ps. The Salamander you got there is a great one to build, OOB ok and pretty easy to enhance.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Folks,

Thanks for the kind comments! I will answer you all tomorrow and will hopefully have a little update too, if work allows and I don't nod off sitting at the table…

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Zzzzzz.Wake up What,nothing ! Was expecting an update Dude 1.
How those spokey things didn't end up on the building site , or your roof is amazing.:flushed:
How do you get away with no primer, metal primer, or washing, beats me. If I don't the slightest touch brings off the paint !
Dude 2

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looking forward to seeing the update mate. Here is another picture for your collection

8517871763_374a168b63.jpg
(For information purposes only)

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Great progress. Really getting there now. Admire the work on the spoked wheels - real patience. Only ever done spoked wheels once for a M/C and they drove me demented!!
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Morning Rocketeer's Around the World,

Yea, I know I'm way behind on answering you fine folks and also for posting an update. The weather here in the Fatherland has finally cooled down and it's raining outside. The whole week was temps of 30° C of higher all day long. Work was a bear with the temps too. I came home, sat at the table, drank my coffee, wanted to Moggell and ended up head down and fast asleep!!! Sucks when you get old….Anyway, we do have a little to report,

Danny - Thanks Sir, I really want to see this finished too. We are getting closer...

Paul - Thanks to my friend and it's good to see your Mojovation has returned...

Greg - You are way too kind. I am trying to get this done, but it seems work is against me!!!

Rick - Thanks Buddy! There is a little bit more below. How's that LOX trailer coming???

Si - Yes my friend, I have been quiet with the heat and the naps. The mind was willing, but the body said "Are You Crazy"??? The tires were not fun, but the fingers don't hurt anymore. I now have to get them put together now. Thanks for kind words...

Fernando - Hey my man, time is getting short and the Steyr work still goes on. With the cooler weather, progress will be easier. Nerves are back to normal too! The 162 is one of three wing thingys I own. I've always loved this jet and one day I will build it. I also have a Tristar Storch in the stash. Take care!!!

Dude 2 - I don't normally go ballistic and throw parts out. I step away and do something else until I cool down. It seems to work well too! When I sling glue at the table, I wash my hand with dish washing liquid first. If I take a break to eat or something, I do the same before I start working again. I guess it works, plus sometimes I am just to lazy to be bothered with it. I have never primed a kit either....

Stevie - You wish is my command my friend. You gotta love the test shots from Peenemünde or Blizna. It was Verboten to take pics of the tactical unit's equipment or launches. That is why there are so few pics of them in action. Are you back on your meds yet??? Thanks for the pic too...

Jim - Thank you Sir! The spoked wheels were a PITA, and before they drove me there too, I set them aside. They will get finished as they are an important part of the Steyr project...

So with cooler weather and high Mojovation, I busted out the hairy sticks and made a few swipes here and there. First up was the interior of the Steyr,
IMG_1554.JPG
The cable reels were done with hissy stick work earlier. The rear deck still looks like crap and I'll fix that shortly. I used the Mission Models paint for the interior. It does cover ok for AB paint when brushed on, but not the best. It also has lots of tiny bubbles in it when brushed on. The floor doesn't look too bad IMHO and touching up will be needed in the driver's compartment when it's done…

Next up was the tires and they were done in AK Rubber Tires. I love the AK line as it is hairy stick friendly, flows well and so easy to clean up afterwards,
IMG_1553.JPG
So lastly, I turned to the cabinets and dabbed them here and there. As I have no color photos of the vehicle, there is a little artistic license used here. Looking at what colors are used for switches and stuff today, I went ahead and gave it a shot,
IMG_1552.JPG
They still look a bit rough and touch ups are also in order. They do pass the 10 meter rule though or is it 1 meter??? should be dry now so I can work on them some more today.

That's all for now folks!!! Got to keep it short and sweet so I get more table time. Thanks for looking and have a Super Moto GP Sunday!!!

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Allen, just a couple of touch-ups and maybe some extra detail painting will definitely let it pass the 3-foot rule.:smiling:
With SMC just a month away, don't work too hard and you'll have it ready for the show my friend.:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen,
I hit a snag and am trying to work it out. May have painted myself into a corner. :sad: Speaking of paint yours looks mighty fine. One of us is making progress!:thumb2:
Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude1
Looking good, I know you did the cable drums
earlier but they are the dogs. As for the cabinets, I'd say they look nicely done.
Dude 2

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Top stuff Allen. The only time I prime is with cursed resin, but I do brush paint everything in my scale as it is easier for me then AB. PaulE

D

Daniel Horvath

Great progress Allen painting looks awesome! Very much looking forward to see this car come together ! Regards Danny

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update mate. Will we be able to see all your hard work once it is in the vehicle??

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening Again Rocketeers,

It is time for the weekly update as during the week nothing gets done. I know, you all thought I had run away to Bali-Bali or someplace! Nah, I'm still plugging away at the Steyr...…..

Fernando - Thanks my man, I wasn't sure about the rule. I still think 10 foot is better in my case! It is all coming together now and with luck it will be done before the 18th...

Rick - Wow, sorry to hear that Rick. If I can help in any way, just drop me a mail on here. I like painting and usually painting = Progress. I hope you are not stuck in the corner anymore...

Dude 2 - Thanks John. I have been beating my brains out over the cable reels and below you will see the results buddy!!!

Paul - Thank you too my friend and the below picture is for you. Filled reels ready to go...

PaulE - 100% correct Moses Sir! I didn't prime the resin gen and had a hell of a time getting paint on it. I think if I had washed it first, there would have been no problem. Sometimes I just forget the basics. Best wishes to Donald. Ok, don't hate me...

Danny - Thanks and I hope to have the Steyr together by next weekend. Then I can do all the little details without knocking them off with the sausage fingers...

Mick - Thank so much Mick! I only have a couple of weeks to bring it all together for the SMC in Holland. I have never entered a contest before and don't care if I win or lose. Do they give bling for the worst of show???

Stevie - Thanks Buddy, I'm plugging along and with all the luck, you will be able to see everything, Pimples and all!!! Really though, I plan on leaving the back doors open so you can see all the fine quality crap stuff inside and leaving the trunk open too...The horror, the horror!

Ok, update time. As said, I want to take this to Holland and win a prize. Yeah right!!! I'll have better luck french kissing a rattlesnake folks…….First up was filling and finishing the cable reels that were stored in the trunk of the Steyr. When I only had 4 reels and needed at least 6, our own Paul Scott came to the rescue and sent me a wonderful care package of 4 reels, mounts, plus the etch set that went with them. I didn't use the etch for them Paul, but with a hearty thanks again...
IMG_1555.JPG
Here they are loaded for bear. The etch straps were too short, so I found 4 new ones in the etch stash to use. After adding the new straps and a little hairy stick work, We finally came up with these for the trunk reels...
IMG_1556.JPG
I guess they sorta look like these and will even more so when they're mounted on their reel holders…………………
Steyr 2000A- 02.jpg
(For discussion purposes only)
Yeah, I know, I forgot the nipples on the caps. I didn't want anyone to get excited you know!
Moving along, we needed to get this puppy on 4 wheels and standing. Used an old trick with tubing cut at an angle for the steered front wheels and added the rear wheels. I also touched up the paint on the tires a little...
IMG_1561.JPG
Up next was painting the generator. As mentioned above, I forgot to wash the resin, but in the long run it came out ok. It is temporarily set in place as I needed to align the vent panel for cooling and the starter crank hole with it. You can also see the new attempt at smoothing the rear deck with Mr. Surfacer 500. The deck is a real PITA...
IMG_1557.JPG
After working all the dimensions and marking them out in pencil on my panel, I started doing the nasty job of replicating the vents...
IMG_1558.JPG
The start was a little flaky, but as I scribed more rows, it became a little better. Ok, remember the 10 foot rule here!!! The more I scribed, the better it went and after a long while, without a beer, we had this...
IMG_1559.JPG
Overall, it isn't to shabby and it was one hell of a learning experience to boot. It did take more than an hour though and this is how it's supposed to look,
Steyr 2000A- 03.jpg
(For discussion purposes only)
Not perfect, but pretty damn close. Once it's painted and with a black wash on it, the vents should look like the pic. It just needs the cap for the starter crank on it with a safety cable (dummy cord).
That's it for tonight good people. Another weekend is over, but I have to work overtime to get this baby finished. That means I get to bore you more this week with updates. Aren't you all so lucky!!! Have a great week and thanks for bearing with me. Enjoy and as usual, all abuse is welcome!!!...

Prost
Allen

Attachments

• Steyr 2000A- 04.jpg
    Steyr 2000A- 04.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 3