V2 - Vengeance From Above

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Greetings Fellow Rocketeers,
As a new member to this forum, I would like to share my current project that was started about 2 months ago. It will be rather large and will contain all the equipment seen below except for the fuel trailer which was used for the British test firings after the war.

2011_backfire006[1].jpg
(For Discussion Purposes Only)
I am still learning my way around here and I will post more info tomorrow. It's rather late here in Germany and my bed is calling. Thanks for looking!
Prost
Allen

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Allen
It was daunting to start with but I am finding it easier and better to navigate than the old MM site. The photos are so much easier to upload and a lot clearer. Problem is it will show up all my mistakes now:smiling5:
Looking forward to seeing your update tomorrow
Steve

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Dave:thumb2:
Thanks for making our arrivals so welcoming. Look forward to seeing some of your work
Steve

First Name
Wouter
Ha Mister Dewire! What a piece you are building here. What's the size of that V2? Rather immense I reckon :smiling2:

Cheers

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Gentlemen.
Wouter - Wie geht's mann??? It's all in 1/35 buddy and will be kinda big (approx. (80 x 60 cm). More info below.......
Prost
Allen

First Name
Wouter
Moin moin Allen, sehr gutt, danke! :smiling:

Yeah, that's what I though, it's huge. My Yamato 'only' has a length of 75 cm so this boy is enormous :smiling2:

I once some surviving internal parts of the engine and all of a V2 at the Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung in Koblenz...very impressive!
IMG_4634.jpg
Cheers

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Morning Rocketeers,
After a good nights sleep, I want to update you on this project and what it's all about. Basically, this is an over 40 year dream that I have had wanting to build a V2 launch pad scene with all the trimmings. Thanks to Takom releasing the V2 kit, I dove in and invested some hard cash into the rest. Lots of resin and a little scratchery is the order of this project.....I hope not to disappoint or bore anyone with it.
IMG_0734.JPG
The Tankwagen also includes the radio van body that I hope to mount on an Opel Maultier as another stand alone support vehicle...
IMG_1236.JPG
This 8t will mount the Feuerleitwagen resin kit and be a separate free standing build towing the firing table trailer...
IMG_1042.JPGIMG_1242.JPG
The trailer from this Trumpeter kit will be scratched into the pump trailer used to fuel the V2 with LOX and the T-Stoff....
IMG_1237.JPG
The next 2 kits are also support vehicles for the V2 battery. I will be scratching the Steyr into the power supply vehicle that had a 6KVA generator, batteries, switch station and reels of cable to supply electric between the V2 and the Feuerleitwagen fire control half track...The NAG 4500 was used as a supply vehicle and also had a closed van body that housed tools and parts for the V2.....
IMG_1239.JPGIMG_1238.JPG
As you can see it's a massive project that is going to take a while to complete. Thanks for looking and more to follow!
Prost
AllenIMG_1202.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
OOPs, it looks like one pic came out as an attachment. Three very important pieces in the build too!
Prost
Allen learning as I go.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Again Good People,
Super picture Wouter, Thanks for that. How is the Yamamamamoto doing???
Thanks Mick, Me too as I am still figuring it all out!!!

On to the build itself, I have gotten some things done, but most is WIP. A few pics to whet the appetite if I may...
Launch platform WIP...
IMG_1231.JPG
Meillerwagen WIP. I need to start adding the finer details such as piping, brake lines. P-Stoff tanks, VW generator and the like...
IMG_1285.JPG
The same goes for the erector frame. Takom supplies the chain too. I still need to add all the fueling lines and a host of other details...
IMG_1284.JPG
Modified the ammo trailer and scratched the pump housing together. It took two tries, but now it looks the part. I need to start the interior now. I have found a few pics of how it is supposed to look, but not 100%....
IMG_1307.JPG
I hope to continue on this today and tomorrow. I must say with so many things to build for this project, you can't get bored. If the Mojovation sinks building one piece, put it down and start building another kit. Then you can come back to it later with a new outlook...
Have a great Moggelling day everyone!!!
Prost
Allen

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Allen
The trailer is coming on really well. Have a great weekend at the bench
Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Steve,
Are you working on anything or just chilling at the moment???
Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Allen, great to see you and your monster build here too.:thumb2:

Great looking trailer, keep it up mate.

Fernando

First Name
Wouter
Allen, Yamato is in hibernation at the moment, one day she will wake up though ^^

Nice work so far I must say. What a behemoth!

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Allen
I have restarted my blog on the Italeri Kfz 305 Opel Blitz with Tamiya 20mm Flak 38 MIT Sd.Ah.51. Being the idiot that I am I have listed it on the wrong section but hopefully they will let me off this time:smiling:. Its in the Military Vehicles - Armoured Vehicles Under Construction:thumb2:
Steve

D

Daniel Horvath

Nice progress Allen ! How long you recom until this dio finish ? It wonderful project to undertake! Looking forward for updates! Regards Danny

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Good to see both you and this have arrived. Following progress.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Guys.
It really is appreciated. I'm surprised that so many of us are here now.
This project will probably take a good 6 months to do. The biggest problem I have is a 4 letter word...WORK. The second problem is there are not enough hours in the day....
BTW, MM is still on line as of right now!
Prost
Allen