Verlinden 120mm German Knight

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful Peter. Absolutely wonderful. Please tell me you didnt hand paint those straight lines on the shield. If you did, then all is lost!:smiling5:

Glad you enjoyed this project and thanks for sharing

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve

Erm, I did hand-paint the shield (after drawing the lines on with a ruler and pencil). It took a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Peter, wow, the metal work is fantastic along with all of the other painting, colors, detail, shading...WOW top notch work as always...

PS give little Joe the wonder dog a few scratches behind the ears and some pats on the head for me..he’s a cute little guy

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Another cracking piece Peter

Your "metalwork" is always good, have you ever tried a non metallic painting system?

Scale 75 have both a white and yellow metal system, which look interesting.

I have to say, you have bested the box art, so though you may feel it's just ok, ITS WAY BETTER!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Graham - Many thanks.

Joe - Thanks also. I've given Little Joe a scratch behind the ear and a pat from Big Joe. He may look cute, but he's on Royal Mail's dangerous dog register (bit the postman).

Steve - Thanks. You never, ever see metallic paint at the big shows like Euro. Non-metallic is obviously the way to go, but it's way beyond my skills at the moment (I also really enjoy painting with Vallejo metallic pigments to be honest).

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great work as always....regarding the pose, I think he may be directing troops? Strong right arm though :surprised:
Tim

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Tim. Yes, he'd have trouble holding the sword like that in reality.