Very large model boats

M

MartinH-K

Day 1 of 4...

Finished cutting all bulkheads from 3/8 ply. Reduced three 8 x 4 sheets to what looks like very little... Drawing final cuts tonight directly onto bulkheads for day 2. I'd add pictures but someone will need to tell me 'how' before I can... anyone?

Tomorrow... all internal bulkhead cuts should be completed...

M

MartinH-K

Day 3-4...

All 16 bulkheads cut and shaped. 5 now in position on first part of keel. Pictures available but I don't know how to post them up... they exceed the file size.

B

Bunkerbarge

You will need to resize your pictures and make sure that they are in an acceptable format, such as .jpg.

There are many differrent ways of resizing a picture, which depends entirely on your editing software and operating system. To get you a bit more familiar though, if you have the picture file in a window or on the desktop right click on it and click on Properties. You should then be able to see the file size. Use whatever method you have to resize the picture after which you need it to be less than 195 kb.

If you are still stuck let us know what your image editing software is and we can give you more detail.

We certainly want to see the progress of this model!!

M

MartinH-K

Im totally wrecked! Major problem with number 4 bulkhead but otherwise, all going according to plan. Bulkhead 1-11 completed, 1-5 in place on keel and sealed. I'll get to grips with uploading the photos tomorrow. Im off to play some music- guitar, drums, bass, whichever comes to my hands first. Oh... and a few beers!

M

MartinH-K

Thanks Chris, I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Now? Time for bed said Zebadee!

N

new to trains

Check Out Ebay For Item No 130167187234

A Giant Sub In Need Of Some Tlc!

R

rjwood_uk

wow!! if i had a way of transporting that i would get it without any hesitation!!!

nice find there Guy!!

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Nice find Guy and it would be cool to be in it cruising around a lake,I think my parents would kill me if I brought something like that home.

N

new to trains

to be honest i was sent it by someone else -so cant claim to have found it !- it was also posted on modelboat mayhem about an hour later so i think half of the worlds model boating fraternity are watching this item !!!

and like you folks i knew if i bought this and brought it home the divorce papers would be waiting !

F

fooman2008

I am currently in the planning stages of a 1/35th U.S.S. Idaho (BB-42) circa 1944. The reason for the odd scale is that is comes out to be 17 feet 9 inches long at 1/35 and I can find/build a trailer around here for it. Wish me luck......

Foo

J

Jerome Morris

Foo, Do you have a trailer plan? I'm in the process of getting a 20 foot model and as such...have no trailer yet, but I'm going to need one for this behemoth.

F

fooman2008

working on the initial planning stages of a 1/35th scale Idaho (BB-42) of the New Mexico class (circa 1944) it will be sit down scale at over 17 feet....

F

Frank Roberts

Holy cow that's a great lookin boat!! I can only dream of making something that good one day. I hope to learn a lot from you guys (before I likely get discouraged and burn out....!!)

F

fooman2008

the good news around here is that there about 15 welding shops within about 5 miles of me and I know a lot of the welders. If all else fails I'll do the redneck trailer (rear end/frame, bed from an old pickup with the frame rails bent together at the front and a trailer hitch installed). Your boat being 20 feet might be too long for that trick but you could find a junkyard pickup rear end (complete with springs) fairly cheaply to use for an axle. For a model I shouldn't think that it would have to be built terribly heavy. Something like that should pull pretty easy behind my little Japanese pickup. I am not even trying to think about what it will way when I get done. Talked to Mrs. Santa and I should at least get the plans for Christmas.....1/96th then I have to get them blown up.

Foo

F

fooman2008

what are you making at 20feet? An aircraft carrier, probably..... Check youtube under rc aircraft carriers there are a couple of guys bakc east who built a flight deck for their party barge and fly on and off of it (left hand for arresting gear youch!)

Foo

J

Jerome Morris

Guy's check out the latest "model acquisition. She's 1/24th scale and around 20' long.

Her name is Fra Berlanga, An old United Fruit company ship built in 1945, Not sure of the model history yet.