Very large model boats

J

Jerome Morris

Duncan, have you any inside photos you could post?

This is a great ship you have there, now all you need are some r/c Harrier jets

D

duncan

\ said:
Duncan, have you any inside photos you could post? This is a great ship you have there, now all you need are some r/c Harrier jets
Hi Jerome , at that scale I think I`ll stick to the Airfx Sea Harriers At least the depron Sopwith Pups can ,and do, take-off and landings on the flight-deck. (well most of the time!!!)

B

bribri10307

were do you keep tha thing and do you bring people for rides

P

paul schneider

Nice to have a UK Forum. I built and operate a "Manned" Freighter , in the U.S.A., that is twenty (21) feet by three (3) foot powered by an electric motor called the "Sea Eagle". I would like to know of other people that build similar models worldwide. Thanks and Happy Sailing ...................................................................................................................................................................

J

Jerome Morris

Paul, You finally came through with pictures. How about some more details on your freighter. Like power and such. Where are you loacated?

P

paul schneider

Large Manned Freighter!

View attachment 11099View attachment 11098smovoo38.avi smovoo29.avi smovoo39.avi The "Sea Eagle" is powered by 3/4 HP Minikoto electric outboard motor. Built in Ferndale, Washington State. Built of all wood construction. Construction time, approximately, one (1) year. Contact me at: 1-360-384-3622. Take care and have a nice day ......................................................................................................

View attachment 21014

View attachment 21015

View attachment 21016

SEA EAGLE 014.jpg

SEA EAGLE 013.jpg

SEA EAGLE 022.jpg

J

Jerome Morris

Hi Paul, Nice vessel! I'm on the east coast in Maine. I hope to have my banana boat in the water in a year or two. I work full time on model restoration, so that comes first, Banana Boat comes second.

I'm very enthusiastic with this project, but the bills come first.

P

paul schneider

\ said:
Hi Paul, Nice vessel! I'm on the east coast in Maine. I hope to have my banana boat in the water in a year or two. I work full time on model restoration, so that comes first, Banana Boat comes second.I'm very enthusiastic with this project, but the bills come first.
Model boat is coming along fine and will be ready for launching in early spring. Glad to hear from you. Take care and have a nice day ............................................................................................................

M

Martin Hall-Kenny

I'm back!!! Last post was about 6 years ago and SOOO much has happened since then. My 1/35 HMS Hood went into storage just weeks ahead of sea trials when my marriage broke up. She rotted away in Yellow Box but now... I've started again! Pictures up soon plus a 'film' (sequential piccies) once finished - MUST be finished by 21 May - 75 years since she was sunk in the Denmark Straight.