Visit your local £ shop !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Take a visit o your local £ shop and see what they have to offer for the model builder,a quick visit today found some really useful clamp sets ( 8 in a pack ) some Swiss files,a pack of different knife types ( aprox 25 in all ) which you just throw away when they go blunt,various adhesives,packs of assorted glasspaper and carborundum paper,a really pointed set of pliers etc etc,seriously these are all at rock bottom prices and I dont know how they can do it given middle men,warehouse,retailer and then theyhave to be made as well.

For lightweight use a lot of the tools will do fine,for example the clamps which come in three different sizes are excellent or holding balsa and ply together,they even do some sash type clamps for a quid as well.

See what you can adapt for our model building.

K

Kiwi

Also look for kids "action" figures for conversion to pilots, also check the guns included with them, some are good as the basis for rear cockpit guns with a bit of surgery and the addition of the proper shaped magazines etc they can be made to look very acceptable..

B

Bluewavestudios

Yep, I will agree with Kiwi on the bit about the Kids action Figures, I have done this myself a few times. I bought one set recently, it was a firefighters set, The figures were no good but that was not the reason I bought the set, it was for all the accessories that came with them. Some of these were modified and ended up on my Panzer. In particular the axe & the shovel. There is an Oil drum there too which will end up as a spare drum of fuel on the tank. They have all come out very well so far.

Regards......Mark.