War of the worlds

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I started a new project over the weekend, a war of the worlds dio this is the Martian war machine , scratch built , I took inspiration from the description in the book and the paint scheme from the musical version of the story

Now I'm working on whether to do the attack on the thunderchild or a land based dio , I have a 1/600 HMS warspite kit and a ruined house and church in 1/76

Decisions decisions IMG_6526.JPGIMG_6527.JPGIMG_6528.JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Cracking film and soundtrack Alan.I still have the old LP with Richard Burtons narrative skills. I'll get another record player one day. Your machine looks great Alan and I look forward to you dio.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cracking film and soundtrack Alan.I still have the old LP with Richard Burtons narrative skills. I'll get another record player one day. Your machine looks great Alan and I look forward to you dio.
It's a great album , I have both the new and old , the songs were better on the old one but the narration is better on new one I think, that 78 release is worth a bit now

Attack on thunder child gets my vote Alan
Everybody I've mentioned this to says that so I guess I'll have to do two :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Update on the war of the world dio

I've changed the gun on the war machine with a silicon stud you would put on a coaster so it didn't scratch your table and a bit from the spares box that resembles the heat ray funnel described in the book

I've changed the look of the upper deck of warspite to resemble the HMS thunderchild from the cover of the album

I'm now working on the detail of the ship like funnels, boats and gunsIMG_6533.JPGIMG_6534.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Little update

I've made a heat ray , just a little water effects pored out in a line and textured with a cocktail stick the painted yellow and dry brushed with fire red IMG_6548.JPG

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Cool! :cool:

Loved the sound track, got it on CD!:D

First Name
Alex
That looks great, i really like scratch builds. Will get round to doing a scratch build myself at some point. Can I ask, what materials did you use for this build? was it mainly plasticard?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That looks great, i really like scratch builds. Will get round to doing a scratch build myself at some point. Can I ask, what materials did you use for this build? was it mainly plasticard?
No plasicard Alex , the legs are lengths of sprue , the mid section is bits from my spares box and the disc at the top is two lids from old travel mugs placed on top of each other with more bits from the spares box for detail , a simple thing that anyone can do

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cool! :cool:

Loved the sound track, got it on CD!:D
Great album I had the vinyl when it come out and I'm after it again vinyl :D

I've got the live show on blue ray as well and that's sounds great on surround sound :D