Weigh Station

First Name
Charles
This build had taken me some time to put together. The base is a pic frame mount with poster board foam as ground base. The electronic ground concrete ground mounts and fence concrete rectangular blocks were both plaster cast and poster board foam cut and hot glued together. Then, I added wall Spackle to cover the joints. The signs were downloaded from the internet and scale to size using a similar WORD like program. The boom setup and detail around, were scratch built using styrene and misc. parts, from my box of tricks.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks amazing Charles. I admit I'm focusing on the vehicle, but there is so much more to see. Just to mention the finish of the load, so realistic for a bit of rusting steel.

First Name
Steve
Absolute brilliant Charles, i've taken many trucks over the weigh bridge myself and this is so realistic, also the Scany 142 and 143s are amongst my favourite trucks, fantastic fella.

Steve.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Charles
You need to take a second look just to be sure it is not the real thing - superb realism.
Jim

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fantastic work Charles. Looks so real.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Terrific stuff Charles. There is a lot of detail in the dio. Great to see. You must be very pleased with the finish

First Name
Charles
That looks amazing Charles. I admit I'm focusing on the vehicle, but there is so much more to see. Just to mention the finish of the load, so realistic for a bit of rusting steel.

Thank you.

B

Brad9826

Great stuff Charles, just checking over my shoulder for our Dvsa chaps …, must make sure my tacho's correct. :thumb2::thumb2:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Outstanding work Charles, there's so much to look at and all done to a fantastic finish. Like the rest have said " so realistic ".

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Charles, as usual your work is up there with the best.

Superb!

Ron

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Outstanding! Many little added touches that add to the realism. PaulE

First Name
Charles
Thanks for your all your comments everyone. Much appreciated.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
WOW. just came upon this .
Charles that is one top class diorama, love every thing about it. At first you could take the truck for real with the cleaver addition of the background. Top stuff indeed.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Charles, it seems the master of the sublime has knocked another one out of the park!
Excellent as per your usual! :cool:

Jim.