Welcome and Guidelines to Bob's Modern Tracked Armour GB

B

Builder

Hi All,

Welcome to my Modern Tracked Armour Group Build for 2016. 

Rules 

• The GB will start on 1st Jan 2017 and run till 30th June 2017. 
  • Build any model kit of a tracked armored vehicle that came in service after World War II. This includes Tanks, Artillery on tracks, Tracked Anti Aircraft vehicles (e.g. SPAGS), Armoured Personnel Carriers and Infantry Fighting Vehicles as long as they all have tracks. 
  • No wheeled vehicles and no half tracks, vehicle must be fully tracked. 
  • All scales allowed
  • Enter as many times with as many kits as you like, (only one kit per thread though).
  • All scratch building is allowed
  • Any what ifs are allowed - so for e.g. having custom decal schemes and paint schemes 
  • Dioramas are allowed - as small or as big as you want
  •  

Prize

Everyone that completes will have 3-4 photos of their model in a final video which I will do up once the GB is complete. It might not be a prize but kind of like a commemoration from myself to all those who finished. 

On Completion of your Build

On completing your build could you please go back into your build thread and add the link to your completed post, it would really help me and some times others who actually liked the build but can't find the completed post

I hope that's not asking too much. It is my first time hosting a GB, I hope I didn't over do it, just wanted to make sure everything was clear for everyone.

Current List of Members

• Builder (Host)
  • tommy1drop
  • dubster72
  • beowulf
  • IanM
  • noble
  • Gern
  • mr grumpylee
  • monica 

Feel free to join in, you can also join in once the GB starts.

Once again, feel free to join in the GB, we start on January 1st. 

I will be building this baby - probably without the mine roller. 

tam35236_0.jpg

Hope you liked the Rules and Welcome, looking forward to your all your builds. 

Last edited:
B

Builder

Just realized that Monica is now a confirm as well - so that's 9 confirmed. 

well I,m in on this one,but had to be German, :D

sent my mate Mark at spurfinders,to see what he had in Modern tank,and look what I found,

much like Ian,just a different model,2a5,love the black in the camo won my heart, :D

View attachment 262367

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well done with this one Bob,so glad that I have joined in :D

T

tommy1drop

Looking forward to participating on this GB, and really looking forward to seeing what folk are going to be building.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh my, Steve,I love it, :D very nice pick,

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i shall probably do the Bradley...........but the start date is a long way off and theres xmas before it so my choice might change  :P

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
i got it along with the conqueror for my birthday so im itching to get at it .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would really rather had done that one as well Steve,  but My guilty conscience looked at the stash and told me build what you have. I will watch this build with interest....

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
can you add me in please, got a few in the stash, will have started one or two by Jan though (maybe)

Meng Bradley
Meng PZH2000
Meng Abrams

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Builder

The more the merier Steve! Great choices with all those Meng kits. I really like the PZH2000, one bad looking beast. 

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Bob I will join in on this one I have a AFV club Scorpion 1/35 in the stash. I will get some pictures up soon.

B

Builder

Well Bob I will join in on this one I have a AFV club Scorpion 1/35 in the stash. I will get some pictures up soon.

Great choice there Ian. The scorpion is a beast of a vehicle. Goodluck.

I am going to build thisView attachment 263493

Meng ... that should be a very high quality kit massive turret there. Good choice David! Nice tank on the side there as well, you also have some Tamiya enamels just like me!

Last edited:
O

Ozzie_tank

Well I can count on 1 hand the number of models I've built (currently on number 4 ) I just got a 1/35 jgsdf type 10 I was going to build next, I'll post it up for a laugh 

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice pick there Dave,looks good, :D

First Name
Dave
I'll come in on this one if I may? I've never gone modern before so I'll have a bash, best choose a subject and buy a kit.

Dave

B

Builder

Well I can count on 1 hand the number of models I've built (currently on number 4 ) I just got a 1/35 jgsdf type 10 I was going to build next, I'll post it up for a laugh 

Welcome on board Mick  - I might do a 1/48 Tamiya Type 10 later in the GB if I get time so will look forward to your type 10

I'll come in on this one if I may? I've never gone modern before so I'll have a bash, best choose a subject and buy a kit.

Dave

Like Ian said Dave mate, the more the merrier! Modern armour is very similar, just looks ... more ..... whats the word.... modern!!