Weltkrieg 11 deutsche Werkstatt

0ne48thtel

Usually I have a name or an title for a dio before I start but with this one it is different. I am going to be using the famo on it with some other bits and bobs. I have seen them modeled with Tigers, Nashorns and a few other tanks but not as yet seen one with a Bergepanther.

So that is what I am doing it with from what I have read these Famo's were used by panzer repair units and the Bergepanther will fit in nicely.

I am not going to do separate build threads for each element as that can get hard to keep track of. Instead the build threads will be part of the dio build in it's entirety.

First up on the bench will be the Revell Bergepanther (Sdk.kfz. 179

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Last edited:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking forward to seeing more of this build

F

Fenlander

This looks a better kit than the old Bergepanther I had, interesting.......

I didn't know the Famo trailer could carry something this big, I always thought it maxed out at the Panzer IV. You live and learn :smiling3:

L

liberator61

I like the look of this it will be good to see were your taking it will be watching it with interest,when they towed the tigers did'nt they use two or even three of the 18 ton half-tracks pulling together just to move the beasts.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Interesting,Terry,it has no gun lol,wears the gun, :P

I will be watching as well,have my seat ready,looks like of this

and what you will do, ;)

0ne48thtel

\ said:
This looks a better kit than the old Bergepanther I had, interesting.......
I didn't know the Famo trailer could carry something this big, I always thought it maxed out at the Panzer IV. You live and learn :smiling3:
thanks Graham

0ne48thtel

\ said:
I like the look of this it will be good to see were your taking it will be watching it with interest,when they towed the tigers did'nt they use two or even three of the 18 ton half-tracks pulling together just to move the beasts.
Kevin on having a better look on the net it would seem you are right the panther is 10 tonne heavier than the tiger so would need more than one Famo to pull it along. So I have another idea that still uses both but in a different way.

0ne48thtel

quick update on the Berge-Panther the the hull is primed and base coated as are the road wheels. Some already having had the grey black painted on only another 20+ to do. I have also just recieved the PE for the famo and trailer I have to say I am impressed with what you get. As to wether I can do them justice only time will tell.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good with this one Terry,nice work on the wheels, :smiling3:

the PE,dose look good,and always so fiddly as well,good luck with it, ;)

0ne48thtel

\ said:
looking good with this one Terry,nice work on the wheels, :smiling3:
the PE,dose look good,and always so fiddly as well,good luck with it, ;)
Thanks Monica glad your liking it so far.

0ne48thtel

Today has consisted of finishing the road wheels. The next step is going to be a long one as I now start the tracks they are the push together sort and I am not sure wether I should stick them or not. Time will tell if they fall apart as I go along. 006.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well done with the wheels,looks great the camo on them, ;)

as for the links,

I always do put a dab of glue on each one,as they do fall apart,

what I do so you keep them straight is tape a ruler on a board,for a straight edge,then you have

away of them not slipping away,once you sit down and just keep at them it dose not take to long,:rolleyes:

0ne48thtel

\ said:
well done with the wheels,looks great the camo on them, ;)
as for the links,

I always do put a dab of glue on each one,as they do fall apart,

what I do so you keep them straight is tape a ruler on a board,for a straight edge,then you have

away of them not slipping away,once you sit down and just keep at them it dose not take to long,:rolleyes:
do you paint before you start or when you have finished Monica?

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hold on a second, do you mean to say you have a B.P. plus a Famo with trailer? Well I have a name for your Dio......"Jim's Jealous-Jealous-Jealous!!!"

I will be watching you lucky dog!...........Cheers.....Jim:smiling3:

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Hold on a second, do you mean to say you have a B.P. plus a Famo with trailer? Well I have a name for your Dio......"Jim's Jealous-Jealous-Jealous!!!"
I will be watching you lucky dog!...........Cheers.....Jim:smiling3:
I was a lucky boy at Christmas Jim.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
do you paint before you start or when you have finished Monica?
with the tracks I,will paint when done,but not on,and do the weathering at the same time as the rest,so it all blends in o_O

and to get the bend in them ,I wait till you know the glue has hold,but not set fully,

and I tend to run some making tape on the outside so as you do bend them,it dose

help to hold,until fully set, ;)

0ne48thtel

Cheers Monica I have already used Vallejo track primer on them before reading this. The tracks for this build are giving me a few headaches I can get one side to lock in but when I try to get the other ones to go it pops out. Needless to say I have not got a lot done today.