Weltkrieg 11 deutsche Werkstatt

0ne48thtel

DSCF6209.JPG DSCF6210.JPG DSCF6211.JPG DSCF6212.JPG DSCF6213.JPG
Having placed the Famo in the barn I am still unsure about whether to add wiring in the engine bay or go with my tarp draped over the windscreen and bulk head idea. I wasn't sure just how much of he bay would be visible once in place. As can be seen there is a fair amount so plenty of scope for the detailing if I choose that route.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the easy and quick way out would be to use a tarp,as is there a lot of wire,and pipes,coming of the firewall,?
but looking good,;)

N

noble

This is continuing to blow me away with all the detail terry...... superb mate.

B

Builder

Work of art there Terry. Just the scale of everything here is amazing.

First Name
Stuart
Stunning work on this Terry it is just amazing.
All the editions just make the build look better and better

0ne48thtel

Thank you all for your kind words one and all.
Here is just a little update of work done today. I have decided to go along with adding wiring etc rather than the tarp drape I was think of doing. As usual all comments welcome good or bad

Attachments

• IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 14

0ne48thtel

Tonight's episode of this build finds the bulkhead wiring finished and work on the crew compartment tilt started. I have found a very big issue with this in that it doesn't fit (not even close) IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2475.JPG IMG_2476.JPG and is going under the knife. To get it anywhere near sitting on the body work I have had to cut the two side over hanging bits off. Tomorrow I will remodel these with some tissue coated in pva then repaint the whole tilt.

0ne48thtel

Having had a rethink over night about how to tackle the tilt I decided to use the off cuts and some thin bits of styrene.
I then dry fitted the main part and used good old super glue to attach plastic and parts where needed. Then I chucked some filler at it and this is the end result.

IMG_2478.JPG IMG_2480.JPG IMG_2481.JPG IMG_2482.JPG IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2490.JPG

It looks rough at the moment but tomorrow I will lick it in to shape (not literally). while I wait for this to dry it will give me time to do other things.

0ne48thtel

Well I was going to leave the re modelling of the tilt until tomorrow BUT got a bit impatient with the whole waiting thing. It still needs a little bit of a tidy up but I think I am quite happy with how it looks.IMG_2493.JPG

0ne48thtel

For today's installment I have stuck the front and middle parts of the bodywork down on to the chassis and added the windows. The tilt is only dry fitted at the moment as I am still not happy with how it looks. There is a bit of a gap that is visible along the rear of the crew compartment which I can't get rid of. One thing I have not put on yet are the grab rails which I am now wishing I had done after the PE.IMG_2494.JPG IMG_2495.JPG IMG_2496.JPG

I think overall the bulk head looks better for having the extra detailing added and will definitely look the part once in situ inside the barn.

0ne48thtel

Today the rear body and plough have been put in place the tilt has also been fixed in place. Just in front of the windscreen is a piece of tarp that covers a gap between the bulkhead and bonnet. I have added a piece of tape to look like it would without the bonnet in place. I had a bit of a faff with the rear bodywork as the spare wheel holder got in the way of the rollers for the plough winch. only solution I could see was to remover the spare wheel holder.IMG_2499.JPG IMG_2500.JPG IMG_2501.JPG

0ne48thtel

Superb work Terry, what did you use for the piece of tarp on the bonnet?
I seemed too of missed this build previously, looking at all the pictures it looks amazing :cool:
Thank you both for your kind words they are much appreciated. Scott I used masking tape to create the canvas flap then gave it a good coat of khaki. It still needs weathering as looks a bit to clean at the moment.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Been a while since I last caught up with this build and it continues to impress. Great stuff Terry! It's blatantly obvious that you're really enjoying this build and it shows.

Great concept, excellent craftsmanship - what's not to like?!!!

Keep up the great work
P

B

Builder

Been following this for a while now. Just never ceases to impress Terry mate. The roof work was unbelievable.

0ne48thtel

Another cracking piece of workmanship gone into this build.
Nice job Terry and like the idea of the tarp
Been a while since I last caught up with this build and it continues to impress. Great stuff Terry! It's blatantly obvious that you're really enjoying this build and it shows.

Great concept, excellent craftsmanship - what's not to like?!!!

Keep up the great work
P
Been following this for a while now. Just never ceases to impress Terry mate. The roof work was unbelievable.
Stuart,Paul,Bob thanks for your kind words they really are appreciated.
For a while I was finding it a chore to get anything done in respects to modelling and only really pick at it. I think I had hit a point where I had put so much in to this and not other projects that it started feeling like a mill stone around my neck. I had planned on being a lot further on than this but hey such is life.
Next up for this famo will be the track and weathering. Then I have some serious figure sorting to do to finish the internals of the barn. Stay tuned folks there is a whole lot more to come and as always all comments/suggestions are welcome.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Fantastic!!

I feel for you, but I'm sure you will dicover a middle ground that will streamline the process and meet your need for detail.o_O;):smiling3::cool: