We're Soldiers.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Good start Monica, I'm watching as always.
always nice to have you a long , nice to see you Jim,:smiling:

Jim:hugging-face:
No probs, I can wait, best you crack on , good luck, 28mm too small for me, :dizzy::dizzy::thumb2::thumb2:
oh lol,these wee things,getting them,sorted,:face-with-thermometer:

Monica
Mind if join in please.
Buy a proper filter mask either a double or single those paper things are a waste of money . Look for one with the correct type of filter, you need one for fine spray and dust . Most have charcoal based filters , I use an organic vapour filter . Remember when buying that all filters have best before date, as the charcoal looses it's effectiveness .
Remember any mask is better than none . I speak from using spray laquers in work as well as modelling This is of some help
John
Hi,John,oh yes your so right,and ta for the advice,was so to say spitting paint for days,:flushed:
I have done it for years as well,was a spray paiter so who ,knows what done in there,as well.
plus yes i do smoke,but its not the only evil lol,:face-with-thermometer:

Hi Monica
T34 looks good. Can't go wrong with a Russian brute. Well done with the tracks - they drive me mad. I really admire you for altering a figure. Something that is so worth while. Interested to see this develop. As for a mask - anything is better than nothing.
Jim
ta,Jim,so glad that you like the old girl,you know with ,tracks,i find the longer i bitch abaout them,and
how much ,I hate them,its done if you just put your head down lol,:hugging-face:
it is will get a good one,but use the paper one with a bandana :flushed: ta for caring,

Reactions: JR

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica
Good start this. Really smooth finish on the T34 and remodelled figure will be good as well.....
Echo John re mask though. Get one and use it. Paint is not great for lungs. You only get one set of lungs, and the next kit can wait a few weeks if you can’t afford one straight off.....I can help with recommendations if you want? Ive been responsible for work based PPE in the past....
Cheers
Tim
ta Tim so glad that your liking this one so far,have done more with the figure,will post him,
will get onto getting a mast is up in thhe top 5 things to get,:smiling:,your right,but as we get older ,it all comes to a head,and cannot undo it,
without working ,it is hard ,but as with or for kits i do have a good stash,so that helps,and get most from swap meets ,:smiling:
ta for caring and the advice,just a hard head lol,:relieved:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well know you have all been waiting,for this guy,:confounded:
well hear he is not finished let,but dose need to be a bit scruffy as you will see why,:smiling:
do hope you like what im rtying to do ,as anyone who dose this knows never easy think to do,
little behind but real on no,clock for this build,as these,s wee 28mm things are taking up sp much time,plus i did some spider type walking machine thing as well,:tears-of-joy:

Attachments

• 20180408_092055.jpg
    20180408_092055.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180408_092101.jpg
    20180408_092101.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180408_092108.jpg
    20180408_092108.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180429_173011.jpg
    20180429_173011.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180429_173016.jpg
    20180429_173016.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180429_173028.jpg
    20180429_173028.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180427_173039.jpg
    20180427_173039.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 14

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hiya
You say that the damage can’t be undone, well perhaps it can’t....but you can stop it getting worse. Not being a safety elf, and not wanting to tell you how to suck eggs, but get a mask and use it...... If you don’t, then you won’t be able to suck eggs anyway . After all,we want to see this finished....
Cheers
Tim

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hiya
You say that the damage can’t be undone, well perhaps it can’t....but you can stop it getting worse. Not being a safety elf, and not wanting to tell you how to suck eggs, but get a mask and use it...... If you don’t, then you won’t be able to suck eggs anyway . After all,we want to see this finished....
Cheers
Tim
oh lol,that brings a smile.I do know what your saying and it will be sorted,I know its a must do,and why did ,I not do years ago,
as well,will look into,and get one very soon,ta for the advice,bless you for caring,:smiling:

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Monica
Crossed posts......sorry for coming on heavy handed about the mask, but you know it makes sense . Good progress on Neil....Pose looks natural and will work well. Love the hord3 at the end as well....working on 28s myself at the moment. I’ll post them when I can get to my pc rather than the pad.
Cheers
Tim

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica
Crossed posts......sorry for coming on heavy handed about the mask, but you know it makes sense . Good progress on Neil....Pose looks natural and will work well. Love the hord3 at the end as well....working on 28s myself at the moment. I’ll post them when I can get to my pc rather than the pad.
Cheers
Tim
all cool,Tim,thats what I,need lol,I,m such a hard head,must be that Scott/German blood I,have,
need that to make you walkup, your,all good,:smiling::thumb2:

will look forward to see your wee guys ,as i do a lot for my mate postman Dave in return for 3D,printed cats and other things I,like a fair trade I,say,

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I sprayed the 1:1 in my avatar with cellulose, using a Martindale mask - like a piece of aluminium with elastic straps, with a layer of something like medical lint for a filter. If I sneezed my hankie looked like I'd had a nosebleed. By the time I'd finished it I was getting breathless, and had to use an asthma inhaler, for several years afterwards.

Pete

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Monica,
That's a fine T34 and converting the figure will make it unique
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Monica, nice clean paintwork and the altered figure will set it apart.:thumb2:

Not want to be the next safety elf but a simple paint booth is more effective than a mask IMHO...
Have you looked at one of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/airbrush-spray-booth

I have a similar one for two years now, works great to keep the paint dust and vapours from the bench/room and one’s lungs when using the AB.:hugging-face:
Also easy to stow away when not needed.

Fernando

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Fernando
I’ve also got one of those, but still think you need a mask, especially if using lacquer or humbrol thinners. The booths are good for catching overspray, but not good at filtering solvents and microparticles. There is also some blowback into the room when you use them....
Cheers
Tim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Fernando
I’ve also got one of those, but still think you need a mask, especially if using lacquer or humbrol thinners. The booths are good for catching overspray, but not good at filtering solvents and microparticles. There is also some blowback into the room when you use them....
Cheers
Tim
Oh yes Tim you're correct on the deficiencies of the booth, only for small acrylic work I tend to use them as indoor.
For longer sessions or lacquer work I find it best to hang the exhaust hose out of the window.
In the end a proper mask or one of these is the best option:upside::
1525016506552.png
(for discussion purposes only)

Fernando
(ps. sorry for the hijack Monica)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I sprayed the 1:1 in my avatar with cellulose, using a Martindale mask - like a piece of aluminium with elastic straps, with a layer of something like medical lint for a filter. If I sneezed my hankie looked like I'd had a nosebleed. By the time I'd finished it I was getting breathless, and had to use an asthma inhaler, for several years afterwards.
can be very nasty ,at times,and thats what had happened to me,then last year in winter just being do cold ,made it all go south ,
and thats what it is,will try to take more care and get things sorted,

Pete
Hi Monica,
That's a fine T34 and converting the figure will make it unique
Jim
Hi Monica, nice clean paintwork and the altered figure will set it apart.:thumb2:
ta so glad that your liking it,the figure may not ,be the greatest,but will do for this,to show what ,I wont,

Not want to be the next safety elf but a simple paint booth is more effective than a mask IMHO...
Have you looked at one of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/airbrush-spray-booth
yes have seen them,need to find one over hear,which is a fair prise,
seems some think gets the word hobby added then x2 the cost,

I have a similar one for two years now, works great to keep the paint dust and vapours from the bench/room and one’s lungs when using the AB.:hugging-face:
Also easy to stow away when not needed.
Fernando
there a great idea and would help a lot as the paint vapours ,do stay about for a long time,I,find

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
all good advice guys,just need to look into ,things and find them at a nice price ,:smiling:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Monica
There is a 3M 7502 respirator on EBay for about 11 quid that’ll do you....much cheaper probably won’t work. Don’t get the paper disposable tyres they are not great and are false economy...
Cheers
Tim
PS, I’ll shut up after this and let you get back to modelling, I feel like I hijacked this a bit, which is very rude and not my intention at all....

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica
There is a 3M 7502 respirator on EBay for about 11 quid that’ll do you....much cheaper probably won’t work. Don’t get the paper disposable tyres they are not great and are false economy...
Cheers
Tim
PS, I’ll shut up after this and let you get back to modelling, I feel like I hijacked this a bit, which is very rude and not my intention at all....
hi,Tim,all good and helpful,will have a look on evilday later on,and I need to go to,Bunning some time today as well,:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Monica please buy a good respirator, you've only got one set of lungs please keep them a new set is £40,000 It's something I know a bit about, I'm on oxygen 4-6 hour's a day.
Pete

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica please buy a good respirator, you've only got one set of lungs please keep them a new set is £40,000 It's something I know a bit about, I'm on oxygen 4-6 hour's a day.
Pete
hi,Peter oh so sorry to hear,do hope your doing ok,under the condition,I will,been looking at the on evilbay ,as I,m typing this,as we always think it will be,
right wont happen to me,
you do take care and look after yourself as well,wishing you the best

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Monica,
Noticed you alter your figures. I do that too to get the pose that I want. Lately Miniart and Masterbox do some interesting poses but when you're set on a composition there is never a pose that fits. So the knife comes out and I'm Dr Frankenstein for a brief moment. Usually if it's done right it really comes alive...the pose that is...although I do a little "...it's alive!!!" The cat or family look at me strangely sometimes when this happens. :smiling4:

Your build is looking good and the guys have a point on safety first. I basically have a fan behind me blowing the fumes out the window in front when spraying.

Cheers,
Richard

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica,
Noticed you alter your figures. I do that too to get the pose that I want. Lately Miniart and Masterbox do some interesting poses but when you're set on a composition there is never a pose that fits. So the knife comes out and I'm Dr Frankenstein for a brief moment. Usually if it's done right it really comes alive...the pose that is...although I do a little "...it's alive!!!" The cat or family look at me strangely sometimes when this happens. :smiling4:

Your build is looking good and the guys have a point on safety first. I basically have a fan behind me blowing the fumes out the window in front when spraying.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi,Richard ,
glad you do like my Dr Frankenstein,work,its just a matter of getting the cuts in the right places,I,find,
and some people will make a very simply mistake of a straight cut and ,not an angle one across the join,:smiling4:
there are a lot of good figures about,and getting better ,with pose,s ,but never wont you wont,I find,
theres a chap hear as well,Jim who dose some great ,Frankenstein,work on his figures as well,
I do have the window,open as well,and I find if ,I,m going to AB,I have the fan on,to keep it cool,so it dose work that way as well.
will more and make a little spray booth,close to the window as well,that will help and get a some what better mask,:relieved: