What is "Engine Orange"

T

Tony

hoping that some of the members on here can offer some advice please.

Been trying to get back into model making rather than model collecting and recently purchased a monogram '57 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon in 1:25 scale.

While its probable not worth worrying about the engine block lists the colour as "Engine Orange".

I cannot find any cross reference to what this colour might be so would anyone know of a suitable colour i could use please. Usually prefer good old humbrol enamel but open to try other brands.

Any advice gratefully received.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 7

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
looks like its the colour Ford used to paint its engines

J

Jack10

I know it's not humbrol but could try this IMG_2223.PNGI have recently moved over to Vallejo acrylics after always using humbrol enamels and I now love vallejos paints

T

Tony

I will look this one out and get some on order as it looks ideal for what i need.

Many thanks again for helping.

J

Jack10

On a conversion chart I just checked and they have the closest match on humbrol as 132 which is red satin. But I think the Vallejo 910 orange red colour is closer to the pic of the engine

T

Tony

On a conversion chart I just checked and they have the closest match on humbrol as 132 which is red satin. But I think the Vallejo 910 orange red colour is closer to the pic of the engine

Jack

Many thanks for helping. I have ordered myself a pop of the vallejo you recommended as it does look just about ideal.

Thanks again to everyone that replied - its much appreciated.

Tony