What to do ?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just had a visit from my Brother-inlaw, and he left me this.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Has the title asks, what do I do with it, apart from throwing it in the bin. I know I'd need new decals, or more than likely I'll paint the insignia. Just because I like him I'm going to give it a go and try to make it look something like.

First Name
Dave
I made this one as a kid when it came out in the seventies. Hard to find now. Looks like it's spent years in the attic. I'm amazed the undercarriage has survived. Assuming you've got all the parts that haven't been glued on, I would just paint it as it is and finish it as best you can.If the cockpit hasn't been painted there's not a lot you can do. Except poke around in it with a paint brush through the cockpit opening.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
With the canopy on , door closed and pilot figure in i reckon the cockpit wont be seen so thats that sorted , as for the rest a good clean , paint and im sure someone will have some spare roundels and letters, ill have a look in my spare decals box for starters , its a challenge Ian but i bet youll enjoy bringing it back to life

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nice restoration project Ian . I'm sure I have this kit somewhere myself buried in the loft so I'll be watching with interest. I'm sure you'll save it and turn into something. Good luck cheers John

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
With the canopy on , door closed and pilot figure in i reckon the cockpit wont be seen so thats that sorted , as for the rest a good clean , paint and im sure someone will have some spare roundels and letters, ill have a look in my spare decals box for starters , its a challenge Ian but i bet youll enjoy bringing it back to life
Thanks Tony.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice restoration project Ian . I'm sure I have this kit somewhere myself buried in the loft so I'll be watching with interest. I'm sure you'll save it and turn into something. Good luck cheers John
I'm going to give a good go John, but I'm not sure it'll be one to follow.:smiling3:

First Name
Michaël
Doctor Ian save the plane..good luck with that!
You don't gonna believe it,but i liked the dusty grey shine on that plane...

First Name
Jimbob
Best of British with it, I've been given a few kits similar to that, and asked anything I could do with it and most of my replies have been said. Jim

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Got some work done, striped the wheels and re-painted, also the spinner and props. And filled the gaps.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

First Name
Alex
If I were you, i'd turn it into a crash landing diorama, then you can get away with not having all the decals or if bits are missing