Where to buy static grass/flock?

J

Jens Andrée

As I'm diving into dioramas and vignettes for my models I thought I'd get some static grass.
Building an applicator doesn't take many minutes by butchering an electric fly swatter and a tea strainer, but my "local" modelling shop doesn't do static grass and a quick check on eBay didn't yield that much... (there were some interesting stuff in Australia, but that's exactly the opposite side of the planet for us Swedes...)

So where do you buy your static grass/flock and what can you recommend for 1/35 scale for a guy who's mainly a "German tank guy" but who want to make some realistic looking grass?

Best would be if I could buy a "kit" with a couple different shades of green and perhaps a few different lengths?

Many thanks in advance!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think your best bet is a place that sells model rail stuff. If there are as many of them in Sweden as there are in Denmark, it should be easy to find. Failing that try Danish internet shops...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Look on ebay under "model railway" or "Wargames scenery". You'll find lots of suppliers for both new and used scenery items - sometimes really cheap.

J

Jens Andrée

Cheers guys!
I now think I've got a source for all the static grass I could need :smiling3:

Being someone who's keen on the garden and the nature I've got a certain view what grass should look like and some of those eBay sources are selling more neon than realistic stuff, but your recommendations led to a rather nice selection of what I think is realistic, so thanks!
Better buy a new cheapo tea strainer tomorrow and build a grass applicator then! (it's funny how some try to charge silly money for these applicators when they in fact cost probably less than £5 to make...)
I got a whole bunch of electric fly swatters for £2.50 each last year and I bought a load of them just for the boost circuitry. Killing bugs is just a bonus!!!

Cheers and thanks!
Jens