WW2 British paratroops

J

Jack10

Masterbox British paras

Getting close to finishing these guys but not too happy with them at the mo...IMG_1786.JPG

What's the best colour paint to use for the red beret? The one on the box (red leather Vallejo) didn't look right at all. Was more brown. But this red (humbrol Matt 60 enamel) looks too bright, couldn't see any Vallejo reds that look like they could be right. What do you guys use?

Was happy with how the faces turned out on these guys, couldn't get my head around the camouflage though! Not impressed with the colour guide on the back of the box either after seeing lots of pics on google after painting.

First Name
colin
Jack para berets are maroon in colour. I think I used Vallejo model colour hull red mixed 85%-15% model air hull red to get the right shade. The Dennison smocks I base coated with Tamiya xf 60 and used Tamiya flat earth for the camo pattern.
For the trousers I used Tamiya khaki with white mixed together 2 to1 ratio. If that's any help

J

Jack10

Yes my friend it is very helpful as I'm not happy with these at all, think I'll end up buying another set of paras as some of the ones I've seen other people do look amazing. The colours suggested on the artwork look terrible. Going to finish these of as best I can though!

First Name
Alex
Try mixing a little brown to darken the red. Dont forget to thin the paint

First Name
colin
If you want to start again its easy to strip acrylics from them.
Get a container drop your figures in and cover them with Mr muscle glass cleaner leave overnight and give them a scrub with a a tooth brush and then clean with tap water.
Then you can start again from scratch

J

Jack10

If you want to start again its easy to strip acrylics from them.
Get a container drop your figures in and cover them with Mr muscle glass cleaner leave overnight and give them a scrub with a a tooth brush and then clean with tap water.
Then you can start again from scratch

A couple of colours ive used are enamel. Only 2 of the colours I think. Will they come off too? Or not? I don't mind keeping these as they are and learning from my mistakes anyway. Going to attempt those Russians next anyway

J

Jack10

Here's my finished effort. Got the beret a slightly darker shade but still not 100% happy! IMG_1788.JPGIMG_1789.JPGIMG_1792.JPGIMG_1795.JPGIMG_1797.JPGIMG_1798.JPGIMG_1801.JPGIMG_1803.JPGIMG_1805.JPGIMG_1806.JPGIMG_1807.JPGIMG_1808.JPGIMG_1810.JPG

First Name
colin
Apart from the beret they look fine mate

J

Jack10

Cheers mate and that will be easy to correct once I buy some new paints at the end of the month