Yaks bought at cosford under a fiver build - eidai aero subaru

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well despite looking like quasimodo i managed to get the decals on tonight. Despite being very old they went on fine except for the two long stripes, one of these breaking into 3 , the other one into about 6. I pieced them together and the only part that needs a touch up is under the port tailplane. The front of the stripes didnt wrap round the curve of the engine cowling so ive left it till the decals dry then ill either cut them square or try a bit of decal solvent.next job is the windows , cheers tony

Attachments

• IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1099.JPG
    IMG_1099.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 14

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Ouch Tony, off all the things you could've pulled! ;) Final paint work looks A1, nice save with the decals

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers joe , ive really enjoyed doing this little gem , it might be my latest obsession - 1/72 civil light aircraft!!, cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well it sounds like you'll be giving up the Turkish wrestling then, you're not getting any younger you know. Stick to the gentile past time of models. And on that subject, this is looking really nice.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well the windows went in with not too much trouble ,although they werent the clearest of parts.The decal stripe has been sorted/touched up and the undercarriage and other final bits are on so im calling it finished. I really enjoyed the build , theres something about having to be so clean with civil subjects that makes a nice change. Heres a few pics to finish the thread , ill put the rest on a completed thread, thanks for watching , cheers tony:cool:DSCN2300 [Desktop Resolution].JPG DSCN2296 [Desktop Resolution].JPG