Well the rest of the fuselage is together , after a bit of persuasion with the hair dryer the tail fin is straight but i'm taking no chances and have taped it straight until the glue goes off. Ive also been gluing some bits such as the wheels , these are fantastically detailed and the equal of many an aftermarket resin alternative. They are weighted nicely , not too flat like you sometimes see and feature excellent hub and tyre wall detail .
Heres where Im at with the J10 currently- the wings have been glued together and were a bit warped like the fuselage! they dont fit brilliantly so i'm going to glue one side at a time , its quite tricky as the joint should be a seamless curve. Ive got one side glued but getting the other to sit at the right level is going to be tricky so ive drilled three holes and inserted brass rod so that the underside of the top wing doesnt fall below the level it needs to be, hopefully this will make it fit better , we will see!
I had simular problems with my fit on the wing to fuselage. I started with the left wing set it and under fuselage but when I went to do right side the wing join was not exact marriage. Bit of fettling and some crafty sealing and think I got a good 3 point fit ( it'll still need tidy and a bit of rescribe but nothing that awful I'm hoping
Nice way you went about the brass rod fixing ( wish I'd thought of that
Both wings are now glued BUT theres a trade off for the good alignment of the top join- the one underneath is atrocious. Ive slapped on a shed load of filler and after its thoroughly dried (probably about a month!) i can start to sand and shape this area then I'll have to reinstate the detail .Ive also sprayed the colours on the exhaust nozzle , trying to get the characteristic blue section .
The hassle was mainly my fault ralph , i ought to have followed my instincts and glued the wing tops to the fuselage first then fitted the one piece wing bottom after , i think it would have made the gaps easier to manage
After a bout of sanding ,re filling sanding etc , the bottom joint looks quite reasonable , ive just got to re-instate the detail somehow . The top joint needed a bit of sanding right at the front and a smear of vallejo acrylic putty but its all good now , both joints have had a spray of tamiya neutral grey to see if any more work is needed. cheers tony