Young Miniatures 1/10 Mongol Warlord Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, the bronze was the right choice. I think the residue has added extra texture to the plates. Armor wasn't exactly factory manufactured in those days so the gritty finish has added a different look and I like it.

Cheers,
Richard

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nice one Peter, I agree about the armour colour, a much better tone for the model.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Peter, the bronze was the right choice. I think the residue has added extra texture to the plates. Armor wasn't exactly factory manufactured in those days so the gritty finish has added a different look and I like it.
Cheers,
Richard

Morning Peter

Agree with Richard, you have risen about the issue and produced a realistically painted replica, well done.

Bronze does beat the iron look too.

Back driving and hobbling around, the tyre was mysteriouly OK?

I am still waiting for a new knee, just over a year and still waiting, I had a pre op 12 weeks ago, not much use when it only lasts 6 weeks.

Enjoy the weekend, I am sure your daughter's nest will be everything she will need and will meet your approval too.

All the best for the imminent arrival too, Grandad

What next? Painting wise

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Beautifully done. Paint/primer does often show up flaws although on something as intricate as this I imagine any clean up would be very, very difficult. Looks fine in the photos.
Jim
All the best to your daughter and the new arrival when he/she arrives.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers chaps.

He looks better in the morning light.

Tartan? Now there's a thought.....