Zvezda,1.35 T-34/76 Soviet Medium Tank,,1942

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well an update to this one,
have done some more,on the base,added ,geese,and still need to add a few more bits and bob,s :rolleyes:
have weathered,the T34,as you can see,not over done,keep the old girl,quite neat,for me that's a biggie,,:D
more dirt and dust as she,s rusted across the eastern front,;)
still not sure what to use for water,?????????? :confused:
and also waiting on my figure as well,so no rush,:eek::confused:

well hope your liking it so far,:smiling3:

Attachments

• 20161230_150656.jpg
    20161230_150656.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20161230_150701.jpg
    20161230_150701.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20161230_150707.jpg
    20161230_150707.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20161230_150712.jpg
    20161230_150712.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 22

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Polux,so glad that your liking this one,so far.;)
I have looked into some types,of resin,s but hard with the amount of harder to add ,not real clear to me,:confused:

D

dubster72

A couple of thoughts on this one Moni. Firstly, to my mind there's not enough rubble under the bridge - there'd be some big stones from the bridge itself.

Secondly, there's not much of a bank for the river. It's like the bridge is too big for the water it's crossing.

Obviously you don't want to make major changes at this stage, but possibly I can offer a solution to your water conundrum.

Add some blocks the same as the bridge, as if they've fallen into the river. All that rubble is creating a dam, which means on the other side of the bridge you only need to add some puddles, instead of a flowing river.

On the dammed side, you could add the water with it beginning to overflow the banks, getting into & over the grass etc.

For the water itself, I'd use basic varnish. Most hardware stores carry it in large quantities for a reasonable price. Add a small amount at a time so that it flows naturally into the area, allowing each application to harden. You could add some different greenish/brown paint to the varnish to give it the illusion of depth.

Around the rocks forming the dam, add some white silicone sealer to represent foam as the rivers flow is hitting the dam?

Reading that back sounds like a lot of work! Perhaps another option is to forget the water entirely & have a dry riverbed like in the height of a Russian summer?

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
A couple of thoughts on this one Moni. Firstly, to my mind there's not enough rubble under the bridge - there'd be some big stones from the bridge itself.

Secondly, there's not much of a bank for the river. It's like the bridge is too big for the water it's crossing.

Obviously you don't want to make major changes at this stage, but possibly I can offer a solution to your water conundrum.

Add some blocks the same as the bridge, as if they've fallen into the river. All that rubble is creating a dam, which means on the other side of the bridge you only need to add some puddles, instead of a flowing river.

On the dammed side, you could add the water with it beginning to overflow the banks, getting into & over the grass etc.

For the water itself, I'd use basic varnish. Most hardware stores carry it in large quantities for a reasonable price. Add a small amount at a time so that it flows naturally into the area, allowing each application to harden. You could add some different greenish/brown paint to the varnish to give it the illusion of depth.

Around the rocks forming the dam, add some white silicone sealer to represent foam as the rivers flow is hitting the dam?

Reading that back sounds like a lot of work! Perhaps another option is to forget the water entirely & have a dry riverbed like in the height of a Russian summer?
do appreciate your input Patrick,and very good useful points as well,
do like the idea,of damming it up more with the rubble,as you have said,its a bit light with rubble,on the right hand side,
I had it at a depth of about 30 to 40mm,so its not over deep for the horse to stand in,:rolleyes:
that,s why I,have the reeds push down to show the path ,that he and the horse have been taking,knowing the bridge is out,
mite give the varnish a try,as it will only be two small area,s at the front,as I was going the use clear silicon,for under the bridge,
and the back,as its not real seen,o_O
as its been very hot hear the varnish will set quickly ,
ta for the suggestion,taken on,:D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very dramatic so far Monica, I hope one day I may gather up the courage to do some thing so emotional and eye catching.
Great work so far;)............Jim:smiling3:

D

dubster72

do appreciate your input Patrick,and very good useful points as well,
do like the idea,of damming it up more with the rubble,as you have said,its a bit light with rubble,on the right hand side,
I had it at a depth of about 30 to 40mm,so its not over deep for the horse to stand in,:rolleyes:
that,s why I,have the reeds push down to show the path ,that he and the horse have been taking,knowing the bridge is out,
mite give the varnish a try,as it will only be two small area,s at the front,as I was going the use clear silicon,for under the bridge,
and the back,as its not real seen,o_O
as its been very hot hear the varnish will set quickly ,
ta for the suggestion,taken on,:D

I forgot about the horse! Can't have it too deep then ;)
Reminds me of a Tommy Cooper joke :p

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Very dramatic so far Monica, I hope one day I may gather up the courage to do some thing so emotional and eye catching.
Great work so far;)............Jim:smiling3:
ta Jim,do appreciate your kind comments,;)
you work is fantastic and I,m a very big fan of it,:D

S

steve5

very nice so far monica , I'm like jim don't know about diorama's , but I'm sure you'll succeed .

First Name
Stuart
Great build so far Monica looks very good and the water will make the final touch.
I think the dam idea will look good with this scene and bring it all together
Great job

D

dubster72

I don,t think I know that one ? maybe you should tell it lol,;)

I could never do it as well as the comic genius that was Mr Cooper! But the gist of it goes something like this:

The morning after a terrible blizzard on the Yorkshire Moors, a farmer goes to check his livestock. As he's stumbling across the snow he finds a man buried up to his neck in snow.

"Sir, Sir are you alright? " calls the farmer.

The man opens his frost-encased eyes & gasps " help me please, I'm nearly frozen to death "

The farmer says " I'll hurry back with a shovel & dig you out sir "

The man replies " better bring another chap to help, when the blizzard hit I was riding my horse! "

Boom boom

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
----------------------:D
good it put a smile on my face,like it,:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice so far monica , I'm like jim don't know about diorama's , but I'm sure you'll succeed .
ta Steve,so very happy your liking this so far,;)

Great build so far Monica looks very good and the water will make the final touch.
I think the dam idea will look good with this scene and bring it all together
Great job
ta,Stuart,glad your liking it,what a good idea,it was by Patrick,and should work,fine,as it being summer the river would be a bit low,as well,:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well been waiting on these,s two,a lot of hunting to get a fair postage pries,finaly found one,
at about $18.OO usd, so was quite fair,;)
both are great figures,very nice detail,I,m happy with them,and glad that I,did get them,fit
is good,what joins there are very small amount of filler,I use the Vallejo one,
will just need to fiddly some what with his head,angle ,but other than that,it looks,
good in my eyes,:smiling3:

Attachments

• 20170107_075408.jpg
    20170107_075408.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170107_075658.jpg
    20170107_075658.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170107_081407.jpg
    20170107_081407.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170107_084714.jpg
    20170107_084714.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170107_084717.jpg
    20170107_084717.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170107_084722.jpg
    20170107_084722.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170107_084728.jpg
    20170107_084728.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 21
First Name
Stuart
nice figure Monica looks good where you placed it in 6th pic looking up at tank.
It's goes well with the scene good choice.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
much appreciated,Stuart,thats why I,did have my mind set on this one,they just
suit it so very well,;)