ZWARTE ZEE 1933

J

John Huggins

Hi Dave i'll dig the planes out & give you the hight of the mast this weekend okies, as for starting this project up again, maybe soon.

Till then

John

J

John Huggins

J

John Huggins

Dug this one out again to see what I can do with it, my problem seems to be all the photo's I can find of this boat seem to giffer in one way or another.

So I will stick to the plans as best I can & not modify to much.

1, I have started by removing all the edging planks around the main deck & upper deck's (not on the plans).

2, The wheelhouse I will throw away as its the wrong shape also it has a base in it so I cant cut out the windows & fit the glass.

3, The Bridge deck surround is to thick & looks naff so I will rip it off & start again.

View attachment 93927

View attachment 93928

View attachment 93929

View attachment 93930

4, I have cut out the Aft decking to make access for fitting rudder/ engine, this should be easy to replace as it's all steel decking & not planked.

View attachment 93939

5, The Engine room skylight is not the right shape & is carved out of solid wood.

View attachment 93940

Well I think that's enough to keep me going for now don't you.

Till next time have fun

John

P1090115.JPG

P1090114.JPG

P1090112.JPG

P1090111.JPG

P1090113.JPG

P1090117.JPG

N

natbr

Hi John,
Did this get project get finished?

I am also building a Zwarte Zee using the same plans at 1/4" = 1 foot (1-48 scale) -- where is the best place to locate hardware fittings for this model (portholes, antenna, capstans, bollards, etc.)? Thanks for your help!

-- Nat Brace
Seattle