‘Barn Find’ Tempest MkV Complete

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks convincingly like a plane that’s sat around too long. Are you going to build a barn to go around it now? :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice finish, Russell

I note you wrote earlier, you won't be building a barn to house your Tempest.
The model is just nice as a 'Stand Alone'. A barn could well have distracted the viewer from your aircraft.

Cheers,
Ron

Charlie Delta Foxtrot

SMF Supporter
First Name
Russell
Thanks Gents! Very pleased. To ensure good mental balance her twin, the 50s bare metal target tug, is also coming on nicely and will be nice and shiny with little to no weathering.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Russell, what about a base with a barn style wood floor, just to give one the idea it's in a barn........a little straw here and there, maybe a wood barrel in the corner.....just spitballing here. Down right lovely work on a very neglected "bird". Rick H. :thumb2:

Charlie Delta Foxtrot

SMF Supporter
First Name
Russell
Hi Russell, what about a base with a barn style wood floor, just to give one the idea it's in a barn........a little straw here and there, maybe a wood barrel in the corner.....just spitballing here. Down right lovely work on a very neglected "bird". Rick H. :thumb2:
Maybe one day. I’m already back on the bench to finish off two other models on the go. :smiling:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That is really good. I've seen a few barn find cars, but an aircraft is different. Brilliant.

Charlie Delta Foxtrot

SMF Supporter
First Name
Russell
very kind Colin, thanks! Someone on IG pointed me to this link. Not quite a barn find as they knew they were there but as close as it gets; a mosquito two kittyhawks and a mustang in one barn…