1/1 SCALE 'ARMORTEK-048-D' MILITARY SIDE ARM. FICTIONAL PIECE WITH BACK STORY.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The year is 2042.

The world has been ravaged by the 'Fuel Wars' started in the early 2020's-the world is in turmoil from over-population, waning food sources and depleted fuel stocks. Wars start as countries invade to grab lands rich in fuel. Bio-fuels, Eco-farms, even Nuclear have failed to provide the amount of energy the world demands. Civil uprisings spring up in cities forcing Governments to empower the Police, Military and Security forces to act without compassion or mercy-these riots are quickly squashed.

But even this didn't help the Governments and the 'Higher-ups', their wealth, power all deserted them after a series of devastating attacks shut down or damaged many of the nuclear plants, with these gone and energy for building and maintaining in short supply it wasn't long before the city lights faded for good.

Amongst this apocalypse a lone man strives to survive amongst the hungry, the desperate and the down-right evil that now roam these lands. His defences are his wits, cunning, training and his thirty-two round hardened tip case-less Armortek -048-D. A Police, security and military heavy calibre side-arm, with single or triple shot capacity it's a handy friend to have.

-------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A REAL FIREARM, THE INTENTION IS TO GET A REALISTIC FINISH AND A VERY WORN LOOK BUT IT IS MADE FROM SOLID RESIN WITH PLASTIC PARTS ADDED. TO ANYBODY THINKING OF MAKING A 1/1 SCALE FIREARM, REPLICA OR SC-FI WEAPON, PLEASE KEEP SAFE AND DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE, IT IS A MODEL AND LIVES INSIDE.

This started out as a resin movie version gun from the film 'Lost in Space' It was intended to do that version but the barrel and fixtures were warped and it was just too much hassle for me to do, the trigger guard was also twisted but a lot filler got it okay-ish. In the end I thought I would make my own version of a sci-fi or military side arm of the near future. It is a 'Armortek-048-D'.

I scratch made the barrel out of washing machine drum lock bolt surrounded by a piece of an old camera, added a single or three shot switch, it actually has small tear-drop symbols denoting single or three shot, also added a magazine release button. I then added a milled screw on top.

Painting wise, once primed I coated in silver, once dried I then coated in matt varnish, once this had dried I then tried the salt method, of course I had to over do it a bit:smiling3: Once salted a top coat of black was applied and when dry the salt was taken off using a soft toothbrush, it worked really well and I was surprised as to how easy it was to do. The last thing to add was two red lights and the A048D on the side and then give it final seal coat.

Little update, painted the barrel, trigger, selector and magazine release switch in chrome. Also two-toned the grips in a grey/green and brown.

Enjoyed doing this but learned that working with resin can have its challenges.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 78655

View attachment 78656

View attachment 78657

View attachment 78658

View attachment 78659

View attachment 78660

View attachment 78661

View attachment 78662

View attachment 78663

View attachment 78664

View attachment 78665

View attachment 78666

View attachment 78667

View attachment 78668

View attachment 78669

View attachment 78670

View attachment 78671

DSCF2602.JPG

DSCF2606.JPG

DSCF2616.JPG

DSCF2613.JPG

DSCF2612.JPG

DSCF2611.JPG

DSCF2630.JPG

DSCF2629.JPG

DSCF2627.JPG

DSCF2618.JPG

DSCF2619.JPG

DSCF2638.JPG

DSCF2631.JPG

DSCF2635.JPG

DSCF2642.JPG

DSCF2641.JPG

DSCF2639.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks cool mate a nice well worn battle piece :smiling3:
Thanks mate, going to repaint the trigger and barrel in chrome, think that will break up the mass a bit.

P

Polux

Wow!! Don't go out from home with this one, you can have problems :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Nice and interesting Si!! I like it!!

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Wow!! Don't go out from home with this one, you can have problems :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: Nice and interesting Si!! I like it!!

Polux
I know what you mean, don't really want a visit from the armed response unit. It is stored away, in fact my lad has commandeered it for his bedroom, it has gone with his Alien dio I made.

Glad you like it, was something different and gave me a chance to work on some weathering techniques that I may have been more scared to try on. So overall, things worked out well.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely weathered Si, it looks very realistic in the way it looks metallic and worn.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nicely weathered Si, it looks very realistic in the way it looks metallic and worn.
Thanks Joe, was unsure of the salt method but it worked really well. Glad you like it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now she is a thing of beauty mate , I love the additions :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Now she is a thing of beauty mate , I love the additions :smiling3:
Thanks mate, I think the new touches have enhanced the look, looked too bleak before.