1/10 Roy Urquhart Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Unpainted-Kit-1-10-font-b-British-b-font-font-b-Paratrooper-b-font-Bust-Historical.jpgRoy_Urquhart_5.jpg

Lets see how this one goes. Another donation by Richard, and a 1/10 bust of Roy Urquhart (not disguised as Sean Connery this time). I believe it's by Wyrd Games, who normally produce gaming figures.

Another nicely sculpted bust:

100_7366.JPG

He's in full jump gear, which I suppose he would have been for landing, though normally he's shown without the packs and wearing a beret.

D

Deleted member 6559

Will do Neil.

Here's the head:

100_7367.JPG100_7369.JPG100_7370.JPG

This was a much better experience. The face was nicer to paint than I'd anticipated, being very cleanly sculpted and cast. There were some slight lumps on the right cheek, which given the overall finish I've assumed were deliberate and have made into a scar (no idea if Urquhart had one or not). Phew, back on track!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

A fresh and blustery day up here, good for washing but it was all done yesterday LOL

Good start and a good likeness too.

The box art is very grubby, like he has jumped into a mire!

Denison camo, but not too much with all the gear.

Its Bank Holiday!!

Enjoy the the smock and have a good weekend

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

The box art is odd - very extreme highlighting, a bit like Constable 'snow'. Your comment reminds me of a story about my grandfather, who was a sergeant in the Malmesbury E K Cole (evacuated war works factory) Home Guard. They were on a night time exercise when he saw what he assumed was a tarmac road surface shimmering in the moonlight. He jumped down and disappeared into a duck-weed strewn dyke. He was a bit of a one for tall stories, but my grandmother confirmed this one as she had to clean his uniform in the bath.

Bright and breezy here. Probably the helmet today.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm liking what I have seen so far Peter. That camo must have been fun. Rick H.

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Cheers and especial thanks for this one. Weren't ''It's all been rather lovely.'' John le Mesurier's final words? Are you trying to tell me something?

Rick - Many thanks. I actually enjoy painting Denison smocks. The pattern is very broad so you can get at each patch of colour separately.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ive still got to watch the docu on Johns life.Really liked him as actor and such a dignified man,Denison smock doing rather nicely.
Rich.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another good day on the Denison, you make it look so easy, but I am sure it isn't.

The weather has taken a real turn for the stormy over the past 24 hours! Grey too, not much light.

It must be a Bank Holiday LOL

Hopefully another successful day on the back of the jacket, today?

I shall try to get some more chipping done and lay a tarmac road on a base.

Enjoy the day and hopefully enough light and Bank Holiday spirit to get you through

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Quite a sad story.

Steve - I got the back of the jacket done yesterday, so now I've just the helmet and ammo pouches to do. Fine, bright and windy here. Always a good omen is the fact that I found a superb flint handaxe yesterday - means the gods are smiling on me and the figure will go well.

John. Many thanks that man.

D

Deleted member 6559

One Roy Urquhart:

100_7376.JPG100_7377.JPG100_7375.JPG

Today I painted the helmet, which I found a real struggle; backwards and forwards with different techniques, dry-brushing, washes etc until I ended up with this. The kit chin-straps were pretty miscast, so I made my own, and just used the kit chin-pad and buckle. Last of all, I painted and added the ammo pouches.

Really enjoyable to do, and a big thank you once again to Richard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Very nice. All the different textures handled beautifully.
Jim