1/10 Roy Urquhart Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. just found this got one leg propped up now it looks like you might be finished would have got a front row seat but I couldn’t because of John and his whirlybird social distancing hat I had no chance at the front seating maybe next time

• Love
Reactions: JR
R

RichardMo

very nice .really like the crisps details on the uniform. always nice to see how you do it.
Rick

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicely done mate,Always nice to see what the basic castings look like when painted.Really first class job.
Rich.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, I'm not one to like busts depicting known personalities unless the sculptor has captured the likness well and so the painting would be more effective. The box art sure doesn't give any assurance as firstly the operation was in daylight so no need for facial camo and secondly Urquhart arrived by glider.
You have done some stunning painting to the head which has some likeness of Urquhart. :thumb2: It's looking good. Probably the reason why he is seldom seen with a helmet is he must have realised that they were fighting in the suburbs and the beret is much more comfortable. :smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Many thanks Brough boy - saw your post where you mentioned your upbringing. My wife is from Hull and her parents moved to a new build in Brough within site of the BAE systems factory.

Lee - We do need to extend the kitchen if this is going to continue.

Richard P - All for you matey, all for you.

Richard F - I reckon commanders like Urquhart swapped to berets for recognition as much as anything - not that it did him any good since he got lost and trapped in an attic. Not sure he would have worn the rope and ammo pouches either.

Neil - Very many thanks.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter, I think he carried a Browning automatic...well that was what Sean Connery used to shoot the German at the window. It would have been great if the bust showed him carrying it. Yup rope and pouches nada I think but who knows he might have been in full kit when he entered the glider. :smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Seen this one at the competition tables and I must say yours is very impressive. Glad this one is working out well for you

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Beautiful result on this one Peter. The helmet work paid off. Rick H.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great finish to another superb bust, definity your forte, though your 1:16 figures are a very close run 2nd.

It looks like a bright and fresh day for a Bank Holiday Monday.

Social distancing seem to be a thing of the past for all our neighbours!

Eid party next door, birthday party across the road, our attached neighbours have put their house up for sale too!!

We are staying firmly isolated and shielded as per government instructions as we enter the 9th week of lockdown.

Anna was negative when tested in hospital, and she is through her 14 day isolation tomorrow, and can get down the stairs almost all the way except for the last 2 stairs on the bottom 1/4 landing.

It is nearly 3 weeks since she has been downstairs!

I shall have to have a really good tidy up before she comes back down, I should have taken photos as I am sure nothing will be where she thinks it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might even get a bit more done on my road and the Stug too?

Enjoy the Bank Holiday and the lovely weather

Whats next on the bench?

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Thank you. As always, I feel I could have done a lot better, but I suppose that feeling is just part of the game.

Steve - Glad you like him. Probably a Young Miniatures commando bust next.

Definitely signs around here that the distancing rules are being flouted, with sounds of gatherings from various gardens. It will be interesting to see what happens to the infection rate.

Anna's imminent return to ground level should keep you on your toes! I hope her new hip is working as it should - at least she's got some fine weather to emerge into. I hope though, that you won't be too overwhelmed with putting things straight and can get to the bench.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter

i think its one of your best, especially the 5 o'clock shadow on his chin area. It deserves a place at the front of the cabinet!

Peter

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Excellent Peter - in my opinion your work is always amazing.