1/10 Saxon Thane Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great shield work and well done with the dragon too.

Another super bust finished.

The post for new supplies is going to be a struggle as Christmas kicks in.

Never really thought of the new knee as an early Christmas present!

It has been an ongoing issue for a year and a half, but I'll take it and hope than we don't have a flu epidemic in the next 13 days!

I know most people didn't really register the NHS cancelling all non-urgent surgery this January, 2018.

That was all the hip and knee ops for a month, amongst the 50,000, with lots of other operations too.

I am sure there are some stragglers at the back of your cabinet that might be ready for a swim in paint stripper,
if the post doesn't arrive and Granddad duties allow.

I would sent you my Kelly's Heroes 3 pack of busts, but its the same postal issues!

Though having 3 original pieces of Peter Day work would be a real treat.

Have good day with the post, paint and trawling for your next subject.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

I always panic at this time of year that the stash will dwindle over Christmas and leave me with nothing to do but watch festive TV - a fate worse than death.

I have a few things in the cupboard ready to start, and I'm also waiting for a new Sarnia box art project to arrive. I've ordered a Miniart knight kit so that I can use the bits I saved from the failed archer figure, so all told I've got plenty to do. I do also intend to revisit a couple of busts that could do with improvement - those that niggle particularly every time I look at them.

My wife is an NHS Consultant, so I am more than aware of the trials and tribulations of the health service. Unfortunately so is she - she's completely burned out and is opting for early retirement in November of next year.

I seem to have caught a dose of 'flu from my daughter, so the last thing I feel like doing today is modelling - must be bad if it comes to that!

Cheers.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Hopefully a rapid recovery from "man flu" and back to the bench.

Some interesting projects to come

Take care

Regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The guys have said it all Peter. Certainly up there in your top five busts. Really like it a lot. All your hard work and patience shines through in your artwork. Well done sir:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Agree with Steve. This bust is up there with your best. Hope you feel better soon. Us men are just so brave and suffer 'man-flu' stoically. I am also looking forward to a granddaddying Christmas.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve H - Man 'flu may just be something gastric - fell a bit better than yesterday. Need to be well to tackle all of those Christmas painting projects ......

Cpl Jones - Many thanks. There was a lot to do on this one and it definitely was a 'sum of parts' piece.

Jim - I'm trying to be stoic - why doesn't my wife understand? Granddad's Christmas may be a bit difficult with a jealous dog - he barks at my wife if she touches me (serves her right). Thanks re the bust.