SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Going to call this one done.

From this
Col Burthe pieces.JPG

To this in about 360hrs;
1.jpg2.jpg

The horse was airbrushed with Vallejo acrylics and ,for the first time of use, the rest was painted with ScaleColor artist tubed acrylics. I must say i was very impressed with these paints , so much so i have invested in the flesh, reds, blues, blacks and green sets. Been heavy acrylics you can apply then straight away, thin a bit with water and wet blend on the model, in the same way as if they were oils. The gold colours were by Darkstar Miniatures and washes by Citadel (Games Workshop).

When i originally opened the box i was convinced i had bitten off way way more than i could chew. I could see the big horse parts were not just going to fall together, head was not just going to line up so a lot of work ahead. Once I had the horse together after some vigorous sanding and a lot of filler and yet more sanding, I could see how much fun this was going to be. The rest of the 'kit' went to well really nice and was a joy to paint. The fiddly bits were attaching the sabretech, six points of contact to line up and the same with the sword holder, and getting the 'lead reins' attached.

Big question(s) I suppose are; would I recommend this model to anyone else; massive Yes and would I build another one, or one of the new proposed 1/10th horses by Grod , again a massive YES!

Custom built acrylic case has been ordered, and is on its way, as this one is allowed out on public display in my dining room !

Finally thanks everyone for your kind comments and suggestions, it has made this journey more enjoyable.

The Photos....................................
1.jpg2.jpg2a.jpg2aa.jpg2ab.jpg2ac.jpg2ad.jpg2b.jpg2c.jpg2d.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg5a.jpg5b.jpg6.jpg6b.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Rest of the photos in next post

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
By eck thats a big oss ! Superb work steve , a masterfully built and painted piece. The beautiful base presents it perfectly , its going to be a real talking point when its on display , cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s come out really well Steve. A deserved pride of place for him! The case is also necessary as he needs to be kept in pristine condition.