1/12 Ford GT40.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
After seeing the film before Christmas I was quite interested in the fact that Trumpeter were going to be re-issuing their 1/12 kit of the car, albeit that the price was a little alarming! I noticed today that the big 'H' have changed their listing to show that the kit is being made by Magnifier Models. I've never heard of them but the cost looks much more affordable.

Anyone heard of this make before or have any views??

Cheers,
Nick.

C

Crasher

Just received mine from emodels, just need to finish the two decorating projects and the Honda S800 model ohh and the 1/12 blower Bentley and the full size Golf and full size Beetle... first. Most of my stash is in storage...

Attachments

• 17229ECE-5DB4-4E5E-9975-D26AB63AF6A9.jpeg
    17229ECE-5DB4-4E5E-9975-D26AB63AF6A9.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 34

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
After seeing the film before Christmas I was quite interested in the fact that Trumpeter were going to be re-issuing their 1/12 kit of the car, albeit that the price was a little alarming! I noticed today that the big 'H' have changed their listing to show that the kit is being made by Magnifier Models. I've never heard of them but the cost looks much more affordable.

Anyone heard of this make before or have any views??

Cheers,
Nick.

It's the same moulds etc that trumpeter used. Just produced by a different company

First Name
Noel
If anybody wants to see the ultimate GT40 kit that is under development, go to the CMA (Creative Miniature Associates) website. Lots of other interesting stuff on there as well.

First Name
Nick
Meng models now have a GT40 in 1:12th. Not seen a build review yet but it does look mighty impressive, albeit an eye watering £260 or so.

First Name
Noel
If you think the Meng kit has an eye watering price, look at the CMA one!!!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The Meng GT40 is in two forms - one is 'pre-coloured', and seems to be just a bolt together product, not that there's anything wrong with that, ( £500+ ), the other is unpainted, and around £270 - I'd have to see some honest reviews before I parted with that sort of money!
Dave