after sanding,priming & painting

assembled and ready to mount on to the rim

T

treyzx10r

next will be the coolant system here are the components awaiting assembly

so far

S

Sky Raider

Looking great so far mate, i didnt realize that you could get kits this quality. I have just sold my Ducati this week. I was in my mates shop for 12 months and i have finally sold it. It was a British superbike Zerox Rep with only 220 miles on the clock. It is a shame really to have given up the bikes but i couldnt build models, fly planes, shoot clays and ride a bike, something had to go and as i only averaged about 400 miles a year and was paying 12 months tax and insurance i decided the bike was the best option and i could spen the cash on this new hobby.

Great work mate

Andy

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Looking great so far mate, i didnt realize that you could get kits this quality. I have just sold my Ducati this week. I was in my mates shop for 12 months and i have finally sold it. It was a British superbike Zerox Rep with only 220 miles on the clock. It is a shame really to have given up the bikes but i couldnt build models, fly planes, shoot clays and ride a bike, something had to go and as i only averaged about 400 miles a year and was paying 12 months tax and insurance i decided the bike was the best option and i could spen the cash on this new hobby.Great work mate

Andy
thanks Andy,sad to hear about the Duc that is a sweet ride

T

treyzx10r

engine assembly is near to being ready to set in the frame now that the radiator is in place

S

Sky Raider

Looking great mate, cant wait to see the finished job. I bet it will look some much better that the die cast R1 and 798 that i have here.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

exhaust pipes being blued and the welds highlighted with a silver colorbrite pencil

T

treyzx10r

swimgarm assembly

shock parts before cut out

after ready for paint

T

treyzx10r

assembly painted

and stages of instal

removed the plastic chain adjusters

S

Sky Raider

Hi Mate,

remarkable work you are doing there. Thw swing arm detail is fantastic. This model must have set you back a tidy penny. I cant belive that you can get bike models with this much detail in them. Well done on a fantastic job so far.

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Hi Mate,remarkable work you are doing there. Thw swing arm detail is fantastic. This model must have set you back a tidy penny. I cant belive that you can get bike models with this much detail in them. Well done on a fantastic job so far.

Andy
I'll second that. Good to see a bike build,something I've never done. Looks like a lot of fiddly bits but the end result is fantastic.

Steve

T

treyzx10r

thanks for the kind words .yes lots of tiny fiddly bits lol

on to the front end

I had to cut away the plastic fork adjusters to accomadate the upgrade kit

I also broke off the brake fluid resevoir and had to fab up a new mount

heres the new mount made up from some stretched sprue

then on to the upgraded fork tops/adjusters

and ready for mounting up