1:12 Upgrades?

A

aikmanmosquito

Treated myself to Revells rather large 1:12 Mustang, quality of kit isn't great and I've been searching for upgrade parts for larger model cars, anyone do any? would like to do discs calipers etc as standard kit parts are poor.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
If you got a large budget you can look at Shapeways for 3d printed stuff in 1:12 (printed in their detail-material)

Cheers, Steven

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi, I bought this a while back, seemed a good idea at the time, on opening it I came to the same conclusion as aikmanmosquito, the detail is poor in this scale expected more. It now sits in a cupboard as the thought of spraying the body put me off, good luck with it you're braver than i am.

First Name
Noel
Scale Motorsports did a full upgrade set for Revell's Mustang about two of three years ago. Last I heard was that they are shutting up shop and clearing all their upgrade kits and decals etc. They had a website set up that may still be active. Besides them and Ebay , have a look at Hiroboy and Grand Prix Models websites for upgrade sets.
Also, some time ago Tamiya magazine fan an article about using the Scale Motorsports set. You.may be able to get a back issue from their publisher.

First Name
Noel
Heard that Scale Motorsports are still going. Can anyone confirm?

Speaking of 1/12 scale detailing up parts, there is a company named Autograph in Germany I think, that made full upgrade kits for Revell's big diecast Ferrari 250LM. The main upgrades are a fully detailed engine to retro fit and also a lot for a set of beautiful Borrani wire wheels to make up the wheels like the originals.

First Name
Noel
Thanks Gary, I thought they were still trading. It was some time ago that I heard that they had stopped, but this information must have been incorrect.

First Name
Noel
Nick Edwards has big Airfix Bentley trans kits under development and has already done wife wheel kits for the 1/12th scale Italeri Alfa.
Look at his website. Unobtainium

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nick Edwards has big Airfix Bentley trans kits under development and has already done wife wheel kits for the 1/12th scale Italeri Alfa.
Look at his website. Unobtainium
Unobtanium is a very hard thing to find. You keep mentioning them but how about a link?

First Name
Noel
Ian, if you left the first i out of unobtainium that is possibly why you may have had problems with your search.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I googled it directly from your text.