1/125 SCALE U-BOAT WRECK MKII

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
I am calling this on finished, apart from a base the model is finished. I also found out that the guy is stalling in payment and giving me sob stories, so have told him to bugger off, it is going on Ebay to recoup some cash if possible-last time I make something for anybody :mad:


Anyway, here is my MKII U-Boat wreck.


View attachment 111306



View attachment 111307



View attachment 111308



View attachment 111309



View attachment 111310



The brass plaque has a poem.


U-BOAT POEM


INTO THE DEPTHS WE VALIANTLY GO,


DOWNWARDS INTO THE INKY GLOOM.


TOUCHING BOTTOM WE COME TO REST,


TO SLEEP FOREVER IN OUR IRON TOMB.


Si:smiling3:

View attachment 107490

View attachment 107491

View attachment 107492

View attachment 107493

View attachment 107494

View attachment 107495

View attachment 107496

View attachment 107497

View attachment 107498

View attachment 107499

View attachment 107500

View attachment 107501

View attachment 108125

View attachment 108126

View attachment 108127

View attachment 108128

View attachment 108129

View attachment 108130

P4287049.JPG

P4287050.JPG

P4287051.JPG

P4287052.JPG

P4287053.JPG

P4287055.JPG

P4287057.JPG

P4287058.JPG

P4287059.JPG

P4287060.JPG

P4287062.JPG

P4287064.JPG

P5047111.JPG

P5047113.JPG

P5047116.JPG

P5047118.JPG

P5047123.JPG

P5047115.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
12,893
Points
113
Location
Melbourne
First Name
monica
great Si,like the rust and shads of gray still showing and the texture of it well done, ;)


sorry to hear about the payment hmmmm ,:confused:
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
Also, don't get angry about that guy. Remember the ratio of idiots to nice honest people is high, like 1000:1


We have so many good folk on here it's almost impossible
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Also, don't get angry about that guy. Remember the ratio of idiots to nice honest people is high, like 1000:1
We have so many good folk on here it's almost impossible
I am angry with myself Dougie, should have asked for the dosh upfront, but wanted him to be okay with the finished model before paying...never again. You wanna buy a sunken U-boat? :rolleyes:
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
great Si,like the rust and shads of gray still showing and the texture of it well done, ;)
sorry to hear about the payment hmmmm ,:confused:
Ta Moni, I blame myself, should have got at least a down payment...not wanting much £50 and that includes the price of the model. Glad you like it, the flash hasn't helped but the colours are two green tones, a light purple and white.

\ said:
That really is a wreck Si, fantastic mate
Lee :smiling3:
Cheers Lee, pleased you like the rust bucket.


Si:smiling3:
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
I'm sure you will sell it, there have been models in eBay selling for good money that are not as good as this.
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'm sure you will sell it, there have been models in eBay selling for good money that are not as good as this.
Ta mate, we will see. Selling models is a funny thing, some silly for good money but most don't, depends on what they are. I think it could struggle as it is a certain market, if I can recoup around £25 then I will cover the model and paints, glue, pigments etc, I will be happy.
 

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
SMF Supporter
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
8,286
Points
113
Location
Home
First Name
Alan
Fantastic mate that's better than the last one and that was great , all you need to do now is the 1/72 scale one you've got :D
 
L

Laurie

Guest
Just do not know how you go about such a thing Si. Must take a good few hours. Like the rusted through bits.


You may not have got your money Si but I am sure you have had a better return in building the model.


As Doughie has said there are not many about but it is stab in the back when one comes along. I found on these things, although getting the money is important, it is the loss of faith which does the most damage and the lack of trust which takes a knock.


Laurie
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Fantastic mate that's better than the last one and that was great , all you need to do now is the 1/72 scale one you've got :D
Thanks Al, not sure if it is better than the previous...different. And NO...again I say NO! :D
 

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
SMF Supporter
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
8,286
Points
113
Location
Home
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Al, not sure if it is better than the previous...different. And NO...again I say NO! :D
Stinky head ! :sad:
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Very nice Si, lovely mix of colours & shades gives it a natural look.
Sorry to hear that you've been stiffed on the money - I'll send Big Chris round!


View attachment 118047
Ta Patrick, I tried a different approach in painting, using enamels and acrylics-seems to have worked rather well.


And yes, send Big Chris round :D

\ said:
Just do not know how you go about such a thing Si. Must take a good few hours. Like the rusted through bits.
You may not have got your money Si but I am sure you have had a better return in building the model.


As Doughie has said there are not many about but it is stab in the back when one comes along. I found on these things, although getting the money is important, it is the loss of faith which does the most damage and the lack of trust which takes a knock.


Laurie
Doing this kind of work is something I enjoy and can get on with it fairly quickly, this model is around 15 hours total build time.


I know I cannot make loads of cash on re-selling models, hopefully you cover the cost of the materials used-it is for the love of making them. But in this case when you are asked to build something you expect to get paid for the materials and a bit for your time-spot on, it is the faith that is dented. I will not make a commision build for anybody else, unless I get the material cost up front.


Thanks guys, appreciate your kind words.


Si:smiling3:
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Stinky head ! :sad:
That is as it may...the answer is still NO! So stop ya crying and sulking... :P
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Freakin sweet, fantadtic texture and rusting on that boat!! Love it
Very kind of you to say Steve, thanks mate.


Si:smiling3:
 

papa 695

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
SMF Supporter
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
15,971
Points
113
First Name
Ian
Great work Si it will look even better on a base and I'm sure it will sell on EBay if only to get some money back
 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
8,712
Points
113
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great work Si it will look even better on a base and I'm sure it will sell on EBay if only to get some money back
Cheers Ian, just got the base to do.
 
Top