1/12th kawasaki zx-rr moto gp

J

jezz

here is my model of the new tamiya 1/12th kawasaki zx-rr gp bike this kit is tamiya best kit yet model has been airbrushed ina custom made colour then clear coated and polished up with car wax

dscf1221vi7.jpg

farring removed showing engine detail exhausts have been heat-treated with tamiya clear blue and orange then coated all over in smoke

dscf1217dp9.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

These kits have moved on a lot since I last did one (about twenty years ago!)

Lovely job, great realistic effects on the exhaust and there are some very difficult transfers (decals for the younger generation) put on very nicely.

J

jezz

the decal were not that bad to apply i always use decal solutions such as microsol which softens the decals to conform to the contor and micro set to shrinks and stick decal to all the surface detail the trick is to make sure where the decal is to be placed i mask up and airbrush the colour under so if it does not join you cannot see any gaps in the kawasaki case i masked the bottom half of the farring and sprayed black and layed decals on when clear coated it is seamless

R

rjwood_uk

very nice job on one of my favourite bikes! i have had my eyes on a few tamiya bike kits to do in the new year i have only made one but they are very nice kits.

keep up the good work!!!

T

Tamiya-Gaz

Tamiya have some lovely 1/12th bike kits around at the moment, very good quality, lots of screws to hold everything together, and lots of detail.

Just completed a Minolta Honda RC211V from 2004 MotoGP season, I am very impressed with it even if I do say so myself.

Thats a lovely looking model, nice work.

P

porsche

:grinball2:This is my fav bike and it looks great!!!

well done

P

Plastickitbasher

Terrific job it looks the bees knees, one day I'll get round to trying my hand at a bike model