1/144 MikroMir Holland class submarine & crew.............

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Took a bit of doing, but finally finished - Holland No.4....................
DSCF1433.JPGDSCF1434.JPGDSCF1435.JPGDSCF1436.JPG

And finally to show size, with a 10p coin
DSCF1437.JPG
The MikroMir Holland is a simple model, just made tricky by the tiny size - I certainly did not help matters by making it waterline. I have in fact made the waterline a bit wrong, the sub should sit a bit deeper in the water, but I wanted to show something above the surface. The crew are 'N' scale railway passengers, with hats added & painted accordingly. I'm finding this is about as small as I want to make things - my bench time is limited, as my hands start to tremble when I concentrate on the tiny things
I have never made a MikroMir model before - and looking at their prices, I don't think I'll be making many more ( still, ebay may produce something ). My bench is now clear, for the 1/48 MiG-3.
Thanks for dropping by......................
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nicely done Dave. Excellent use of figures - really emphasise the size of this submarine.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Nicely done Dave. Excellent use of figures - really emphasise the size of this submarine.
Jim
Thanks, JIm - a waterline model, with seabase, at this scale wouldn't look right without crew - like a plane in flight without a pilot!
Dave

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I like it Dave, but who's downstairs driving the boat? :smiling5:
Pete

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I have a 1/350- Zvezda Knyaz Suvorov in the stash - it was an ebay purchase, with some parts stuck together - including the hull I'm going to dig it out & see what the work will be like, to give this a waterline treatment..............
Dave