1/144 MikroMir Holland class submarine

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Painted the sea with diluted PVA - then started on the superstructure ( !! ). Tiniest bits - all fragile - some of the PE will not be used, I can't even see it properly!
DSCF1406.JPG
This is a limited run kit & a bit of fettling is necessary, made much more difficult by the tiny size. I've added all the big (*!!) parts. I'll have to leave the smaller bits until tomorrow - my hands have started trembling...........
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just the painting & the crew to do now (?!!)
DSCF1408.JPG
Primed overall - there are several pieces of PE that I could have added, but I decided not to bother - I could hardly see them on the fret, so I don't think they will be missed on the model
DSCF1409.JPG
I'll paint the sub first, then the sea, although I'm sure the distinction will blur..........
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sub painted & sea basecoated - it's a matter now of washes over hull and sea, until I get the desired effect ( this may take some time! )
DSCF1426.JPG
The colours look a little odd, but I can assure you that in real life, they look a lot more natural! I'm thinking of four or five crew on deck, 1 or 2 officers, the rest ratings
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Progressing..........................
DSCF1428.JPGDSCF1429.JPG
I'll put this out of sight, and tomorrow, I'll look at it afresh, and see where I can improve it...............
Likely figures chosen & mounted to a temporary base. Two will have officers caps, the rest the standard round hat
DSCF1430.JPG
One thing I have noticed in all the photos of the early submarines - the crew all wore hats! maybe its just for photographs? Perfect Plastic Putty ready for some headgear additions ( I have added one reserve, just in case one is lost overboard )
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

Sorry, completely missed this. That's come out very nicely indeed.

ATB.

Andrew