1/16 Finnish Officer, Winter War

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Cheers. I was planning a pair of binoculars, but they'll hide the buckle arrangement, so we'll have to see.

Mick - Thanks. I quite like making belts and buckles. A bit of limited scratching never hurt anyone.

Steve - The graduation ceremony was live-screened on Facebook, so my son and I saw it later. Emily collected her degree certificate with babe in arms and to the accompaniment of many cheers. Baby Remi looked a bit confused. Not sure about the head, but I'll probably stick with it - he takes some getting used to! Been trying to research the back of the jodhpurs, but had no luck, so I'll have to wing it - they look to be more leather than cloth.

D

Deleted member 6559

Got him finished:

100_5093.JPG100_5094.JPG100_5095.JPG100_5096.JPG

As you can see, I've attempted to depict the half-leather jodhpurs - hopefully they make sense. As the trousers went fairly quickly, I decided to crack on and add the equipment and finish him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Lovely work - worth missing the trip to Brighton for.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW as usual... your palette and paintwork is Absolutely exquisit..

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
More fantastic work Peter. Wish I could brush paint so smoothly.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter,

To misquote Wallace

""The're the right trousers, Gromit!""

Most convincing trousers Peter, and a well finished figure.

What next for the weekend?

Have a good one

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks chaps - glad you like him.

Not sure what to do next Steve. I may go back to the Carthaginian.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
How the bloody ell are you managing to paint in this weather?? :smiling5: My optivisor keeps slipping off and the acrylics harden on the brush before I paint them on the model!:smiling:

Again its the face that catches my eye. There really has been a marked change this year in your tonal work and blending in of the facial features. Awe inspiring stuff sir. He really has a p****d off look or a "what are you looking at?" stare. Luv it. Wonderful work all round Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Steve

I'm pleased that you have seen a change. I've been trying really hard to improve - seems like one step forward and three backwards at times though.

As for the weather, well, it was well nigh impossible to paint in the extreme heat, but I've got used to the more ordinary temperatures we're having at the moment.